We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving times

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
334 posts
driving times

On May 12, how much time or distance would it be driving from the Walk of Fame to Pirate's Dinner Theartre? Trying to decide between Sunday May 12 or Friday May 17 ~ on the Friday we'd be driving from Anaheim, but I'm thinking Friday traffic would be a nightmare to get through & add at least another half hour to fourty five minutes?

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
24,253 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: driving times

OK, are you talking about the Hollywood Walk of Fame, as there is also an Anaheim/Orange County Walk of Stars on Harbor Blvd.

www.anaheim.net/articlenew23.asp?id=4478

OK, I will presume you meant the Walk of Fame in Hollywood, which is many blocks long, so I will use the corner of Hollywood and Highland as a starting point.

The basic drive is the 101 south to the I-5 south to the 91 East for one exit to Beach Blvd. South, and the Theater is just south of the 91. In light traffic it can be done in 40 minutes, but that won't be the case on a Friday afternoon/evening. Your return trip might be 40 minutes though. So, yes, doubling the time would be a good guess, though I might add on a bit more time just in case.

On a Sunday, you might run into some traffic, so I would plan at least an hour in drive time.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
334 posts
2. Re: driving times

Perfect!!! Good guess ~ It is the one in Hollywood:) So we will do Pirates on Sunday.

Darkbeer ~ you ROCK!!! Thank you so much!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
20,030 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: driving times

Just so your aware, the Medieval Times show usually has the better reviews of the the two kinds of shows.....

Heres some coupons for buy and adult ticket get a childs ticket for free for Medieval Times, and a Buy one get one free for the Pirates show, just in case we didnt give you that info. If you have problems using the promo code online, you can contact them directly to reserve, and they will honor the coupon.

http://anaheimoc.org/coupons

Were you saying you would be driving to the Pirates show on Friday from Anaheim? If thats so, I would consider that if possible, your only about 7 miles away from Anaheim to the Pirates show, how long could that possiblly take even with traffic.

Edited: 4:58 pm, February 05, 2013
Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
334 posts
4. Re: driving times

We can't do Medieval ~ tried it and one of our son's went into anaphlaxyis from the horses:-( We did Pirates 5 yrs ago & the younger son was too young to remember.

So on Friday, from Anaheim to Pirates, your saying we're only 7 miles away?

We can't do everything the kids want do on Sunday at the Hollywood walk of fame AND the early Pirates. So we were just going to do a character breakfast & then Hollywood that Sunday. May 13, 14 & 15 Disney & DCA. May 16 Universal and Friday May 17th we were unplanned. Possibly doing another character breakfast & shopping. But maybe we should do Pirates Friday if it really is that close?

We will rent a car for May 12 and then again May 16 & 17.

I truly, truly appreciate your opinion, suggest and advice:) THANK YOU!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
20,030 posts
84 reviews
5. Re: driving times

Yes, the Pirates show is located in Buena Park which is about 7 miles NorthWest from Disneyland, so your not very far away. You dont even have to drive yourself if you dont want to. There is a pretty good regular bus service from what I understand from the Disneyland are to the Pirates show, Im sure someone will have better info on that.

There is also the Art Shuttle service that has a direct route to the Pirates show from Anaheim for a small fee per person. But I hear there may be some issues as there are fewer travel times available rather than the regular bus.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
334 posts
6. Re: driving times

Thanks so much happy!!! We will have a rental for the day Sunday & I think what we will do is after spending some time at the Walk of Fame, come back to the hotel & drive from there for the later show. And hopefully keeping our fingers crossed won't have tired kids for DCA the next morning;)

I REALLY appreciate all the help I've been getting off this forum. It's amazing the info all your experts give out. You've made my job planning so much easier!

7. Re: driving times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 07, 2014