We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Suite bunk beds

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Kids Suite bunk beds

Hi, we have narrowed down our choice of hotel for our December visit to either HoJos (walking distance) or the Hyatt (looks like a nicer hotel & although further away has a shuttle).

Just wondering about the length of the bunk beds in the Kids Suites of these hotels. Does anyone know if they are full length? My 13 year old son is basically my height and the HoJos photos make their bunks look smaller than usual.

Thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 80
1. Re: Kids Suite bunk beds

Welcome to the forums Bbeachspood,

I dont think bunk beds would be comfortable for a 13 year old that is adult size. But I dont know exactly how large they are.

These two properites are a little different from each other. Both are well rated. Hojos is a more standard Hotel with limited services, but is about an 11 min walk to the Turnstiles that go into Disneyland. You should be aware that the kids suites are extremely popular, but they are all located facing the freeway side of the Hotel, although there are large noise breakers, and would likely not be an issue with the windows closed from reviews.

There are also not that many kids suites , so you may want to check your dates to see if they would even be available which may make up your mind for you.

The Hyatt is very well rated, but as you mentioned you would need to take shuttle service.

There are a variety of other options you could likely choose from, that would be in walking distance to Disneyland of about 15 min with Shuttle service.

If you would like help finding somewhere to stay, you can give a budget per night for a Hotel, as well as what kind of rooms you are looking for ( how many beds ect), and its helpful to include your dates you will be in Anaheim as rates vary widely with the seasons.

You could also consider something that would have larger suites in walking distance to Disneyland....

The Fairifeld Inn.... which is also a limited service Hotel, ( but with mostly exterior corridors) and about an 8 min walk.

Or the Residence Inn Maingate a well rated Hotel about a 15 min walk to the Turnstiles that go into either Park, with Art shuttle service, and full free breakfast, and some weeknight light suppers. Also full kitchens.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of harbor blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

2. Re: Kids Suite bunk beds

Many thanks

We are after family suite (or 2 rooms) close to Disneyland in a good (3 or 4 star?) hotel in December. Both hotels are showing availability in their Kids Suites for our dates.

I called the Hyatt and their bunk beds are standard length (ie same as a normal bed) so that's good to know. They also have a great deal on with their 'suites on sale' as that is $199 per night for the Kids Suite for our dates.

I will also look at the Residence Inn Maingate as you suggested.

Thanks again for your prompt response.

SoCal
reviews: 7
3. Re: Kids Suite bunk beds

I have slept in bunk beds a couple of times at hotels (not these 2 though) and they were fine. Both were comfortable and seemed to be regular size. It is a regular mattress so much more comfortable than a pull out sofa.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
4. Re: Kids Suite bunk beds

Howard Johnsons is a well rated Hotel but is only a 2.5 star property. If you are looking for something nicer, I would suggest you can look at the Residence Inn Maingate which would be in close enough walking distance.

If being close to Disneyland is not important to you, then the Hyatt would be the nicest choice for a Hotel.

You can also consider a few other options that would have the 2 bedroom suites such as the Doubletree Guest Suites, Hampton Inn Garden Grove, Embassy suites Garden Grove. All of these would need shuttle service really as they are farther walking distance.

5. Re: Kids Suite bunk beds

Thanks again - I really like the look of the Residence Maingate but at the moment it is quite a bit more expensive than the Hyatt.

I will keep checking the prices for the Residence Maingate and in the meantime I have booked the Hyatt but can cancel if the RM prices drop.

Cheers!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
6. Re: Kids Suite bunk beds

You may want to consider that with the Residence Inn Maingate, you are also getting free light suppers on some weekdays as well which may help with the cost. They also have free Parking and no resort fees, which the other nicer Hotels are likely to have fees.

But, its also up to you where you may want to stay, so you can just pick what may fit your family best.

Just so your aware, alot of December is going to be more expensive and busier at Disneyland. Usually around the end of the second week in Dec alot of Schools will get out for thier Christmas Break for 2 weeks. The period in between Christmas and NewYears is extremely busy at Disneyland.

7. Re: Kids Suite bunk beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 06, 2014