We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just when I thought I had everything organised....

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
946 posts
64 reviews
Just when I thought I had everything organised....

I forgot about the parades :(

I really only have 3 nights as I am guessing the first night will be a right off ( we would have arrived from Aus after a 13 hr flight). Thursday night I have dinner res at Goofys Kitchen at 5.30 then we plan on heading to watch WOC. Friday and Sat nights will be Fireworks and Fantasmic. I really want to see the Pixar Pde in the late afternoon

. As for the Mickeys Sensational Pde is it better in the afternoon or night? I am trying to work out when I should be slotting these in, I don't want to be walking back and forwards from each park

. How long do the parades last maybe I can push my Goofy dinner res back til 6 but then I would be pushing it to see WOC oh what to do??

Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Just when I thought I had everything organised....

Whatever you do don't miss WOC - it is awesome! Parades last about 1/2 hr - there I'll be plenty of time to do them all

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Just when I thought I had everything organised....

Mickeys Parade can get very busy at either time , to get the best views people start to find there spots early , I think it looked better in the afternoon , than the evening slot with the setting sun.

Also if you do get a chance to see the flag parade , it is one of the best shows we got to see in Disneyland, they hold it every afternoon when they take down the flag , it is quite a ceremony.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
21,113 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Just when I thought I had everything organised....

Thursday will likely still have shortened hours at Disneyland. You may also want to wait a few weeks before making your final plans to see what the Calendar look like as far as hours and times of events on the Disneyland.com website for you visit in early March.

To give you some limited idea of what things may look like, Thursday ( March 7) will likely look something like this day in February ( dates for your visit have not quite come out yet.

And your weekends, Fri,Sat,Sun

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
15,583 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Just when I thought I had everything organised....

On Fridays and Saturdays there are two Soundsational Parades scheduled. In my opinion, it is best to watch that parade when you have enough energy to enjoy it and get into it. For many people that would mean seeing the first parade (which is what I like), for others it means after it cools off - if it is a sunny day - or after they take a break. In your case, if you are worried about fitting in nightime activities, I would recommend seeing the first parade of the day. Although, if you think about it, you might be able to work out seeing it prior to the fireworks.

The best way to shorten the time spent seeing a parade is to see it from near where it begins, since the route is rather long. The first parade begins at It's a Small World and ends at Town Square on Main Street. The second begins at Town Square and ends at It's a Small World. If you see the first parade, there is a viewing platform between the Matterhorn and It's a Small World. It has excellent views, above the guests who are seated on the ground below. The floats can even be seen as the enter before passing by. You only need to be there approximately 20 min. before the parade because most people will sit on the grounds opposite the viewing platform. There is lots of room up there and a railing to lean against. If you have a stroller, you will need to park it below, I believe. The only drawback to viewing from there is you are not super close to the street performers, such as Peter Pan, the dancers and drumline. You simply look down on them.

If viewing the last parade, personally I would not recommend Town Square even though it gives you a great way to escape the park if you then need to get over to DCA. The parade circles around Town Square and you don't really get a view of each float separately. It seems like a jumble of floats and music. It would be better to view it above Town Square closer to the Carnation Cafe.

The parade itself will only take about 15 min. (I haven't checked) After the parade ends where you are viewing it, let the crowd disperse a bit before leaving the area. So plan on another five min. or so. You will want to consider where you are going next in order to avoid heading in the direction of the rest of the parade route and not being able to get thrrough. For example, if you want to leave the park after the parade and you are in Fantasyland, you could consider taking the train to Main Street.

Note that the "flag parade" is not actually a parade, so no need to think you might have to consider that when trying to move in and out of the park. It is called the Flag Retreat Ceremony. It is a patriotic ceremony with music that accompanies taking the American flag down for the evening. It takes place in Town Square around twilight. The Disneyland Marching Band does march down the street briefly beforehand. Reading your plans, I doubt you will be able to take time to work it in. You may view on You Tube if interested.

Edited: 8:35 pm, January 21, 2013
5. Re: Just when I thought I had everything organised....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 23, 2014