We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

Hi there. My family and I are planning a trip to Disneyland the end of August 2013. Inculding my 5 year old daugther. We were hoping for advice for a good Condo or shareholder hotel that has a good size pool(s) and a kitchentte. As we would love to not eat out ever day and my daughter loves her home oatmeal each morning!! WE would near close to Disneyland within walk distance perf. and not over expensive. I have a friend that says he can get me a shareholder place there but not sure what he has as he out of town now for awhile and i need to start planning! Maybe even a nice hotel that has kitchenettes and pools?? Help!!! Thanks for your help so much!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 80
1. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

An August time frame just so your aware would be hot at Disneyland, and the end of August to Mid Sept the hottest time of the year usually with a hot wind that blows. From your other post, it appeared that may be an issue for you .

You would also want to avoid very late August as August 30th- Sept 2 is a big Holiday weekend, Labor Day weekend, and also is a Half Marathon held at Disneyland, so that weekend will be extremely busy at Disneyland.

There are really not any Condos or time shares in very close walking distance to Disneyland. Most would be about 20 min to actually walk in. There are some Condos on Walnut/Magic way area that are about a 10 min walk to the Mickey and Friends parking lot free tram that will take you into Disneyland from there, and are about a 20 min walk to the Turnstiles. But, there is not much around that area as its on the opposite side of Disneyland.

There would also be the WorldMark time shares, also about a 20 min walk with Art Shuttle service near them. And Peacock Suites which is also about a 20 min walk with Art shuttle.

Can you give us a budget per night? August is the busy season, so prices are at thier highest.

Plenty of standard Motels which are the closest across the street from the Disneyland Main Entrance. Most of those will have a small fridge and microwave in the room.

But it sounds like you may want something nicer?

You can look at the Fairfield Inn which is about an 8 min walk across the street to the Turnstiles. Or Howard Johnsons about an 11 min walk, and has Art Shuttle.

Residence Inn Maingate...... may be what you are looking for if its in your budget since it has large rooms, and full kitchens, free full breakfast and some weeknight light suppers. Its layed out like a low rise Condo like setting. Its about a 15 min walk to the actual Turnstiles that go into either Park, and has Art Shuttle service for a small fee per person available if you dont want to walk.

Edited: 1:18 pm, January 19, 2013
Calgary, Canada
2. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

Thank you so much for your post happytotrip!! It was really helpful. Made me re think everything!! Thank you! So now what would be the time to vist in May im booked up with other plans and my daugther starts Kindergarden in September so that leaves me with March, April, June, July, August start?? Would March or April be best?? Thank you for your help so much!! I just really want this time to be very special for my daugther!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
3. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

Heres the Map link again so you can see where things are located in case you didnt notice it in your other post in the Anaheim forum. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

The first week of March would be the only less crowded time in that Month as its full of College Spring breaks as well as Conventions, and School Competitions ect.

Most of April has those same issues. The last week in April though usually has the lower crowds for the Month.

March though does have rain in that month,, so you can consider that in your decisions.

June, July, and August are all going to be hotter summer months and busy since alot of Schools in the U.S. take off those three months for Summer Break.

Edited: 4:31 pm, January 19, 2013
Calgary, Canada
4. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

Great thank you. Yes I went back and looked at that map and printed it!! So we are now going September start as my daughter does not start kindergarden now till next year!! Opps!! So we were looking at staying at either the Residence Inn MG, Park Vue Inn, Desert Palms hotel or the Candy Cane Inn?? Which would be better? Would really like a kitchen i know Candy cane does not have one so I'm thinking it's out. Budget is not very much maybe 100-150 per night. It would be a family or 4 adults and 1 child going. Thanks so any help you can lend this is making the planning so much easiser on me and a lot less stressful!! Also really like how closr IHOP and shopping is! Thank you

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
5. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

What dates are you thinking about for Sept?, and, are you sure you want to go in Sept? As I thought your child had issues with the heat, and Sept can be the hottest month of the year with a Hot wind.

Late October would have much cooler weather, or May is nice and mild usually.

The properties you mention are quite different from each other.

The Desert Palms..... is pretty well rated, and is a Hotel and about a 14 min walk with Art shuttle service.

Residence Inn Maingate ......is a very well rated Hotel with larger rooms, full kitchens and free full breakast as well as some weeknight light meals. Its across the street from the Anaheim Gardenwalk with alot of restaurants. About a 15 min walk to the Turnstiles, and has Art Shuttle service.

Park Vue inn...... is a standard Motel about a 6 min walk to the Turnstiles.

The Candy Cane Inn .......is very well rated and a standard Motel about a 10 min walk, with their own free shuttle ( drop off point though is a few minutes walk farther North of the regular drop off area for the shuttles at Disneyland)

Rates will vary with the season, so you may want to pick your time of year for sure first ( unless you already have) and then decide where you can stay within your budget Most of Sept and May are less expensive times to visit.

Sydney,Australia
reviews: 13
6. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

We booked a family room at Tropicana - had 2 motel rooms with interconnecting kitchen area - was perfect for us for quick breakfasts and food storage - right across the rd from main gate and reasonably priced:)

Calgary, Canada
7. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

Thanks Snowgumby! That would be perfect as we are traveling with my parents and my dad is a loud snorer and I would like them in a separate but connecting room with a kitchen. Do u think Park Vue Inn has the same option or Desert Palms or any others?

SoCal
reviews: 7
8. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

Your other post mentions your daughter cannot be out in the heat due to medical problems. If that is the case, do not go in September. It will be HOT. You may find days in Sept. in the 90's and possibly even over 100. With all of the asphalt and the time outside, you really feel the heat. You are better off to wait until mid to late October or go earlier, April or even June.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
9. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

The Tropicana is a standard Motel, and like most of them would have larger Family suites in the area with separate rooms, but will be more costwise, such as the Camelot Inn, Anaheim Desert Inn....

Your budget would be too low for most of them for the larger suites including the Tropicana Inn likely, but you may find that price at the Anaheim Desert Inn if you book far enough in advance.

The Park Vue Inn does have a few suites that have separate rooms, but have to be booked quite far ahead since there are not many of them, they are also likely to be a little out of your budget.

Edited: 1:46 pm, January 21, 2013
Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
10. Re: Help finding a good Condo near Disneyland

Hey have stayed in an executive suite at Tropicana.They have only microwave and fridge but the room is beautiful.It has a large garden jacuzzi, two balconies that face the park, you can sit and watch the monorail and people watching.The breakfast room is feet from the room.There are a couple of different suites here.The executive while it doesn't have a full kitchen does have a great view.It is directly above the small store that has sodas, etc on the front corner.It really is nice if you have to come back to room for a break.McDonalds and other fast food nearby.This hotel is one of the closest to Disney have stayed there many times.It is our favorite.Exec. Suite has living area with big flatscreen, pull out sofa there is a king bed in the bed room and a second full bath with shower.I think you will like this property the suites here are way better than the regular rooms.My son works in the parks be nice to your CMs ...have fun.I think you will like this property it is way different and better in the front suites.It has a giant hot tub too where you can soak your toes.

Edited: 11:24 am, January 22, 2013