We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ducks game

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 23
ducks game

Family wants to see an ice hockey game and thinking about going to see the Ducks on February 4 (assuming Anaheim is not too far away from Hollywood) but have no idea of where the good seats are situated as we have never seen a game or a stadium that hosts ice hockey - any advice would be appreciated

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 57
1. Re: ducks game

Alan - note that you received some responses when you posted this question originally in the LA forum, here:

tripadvisor.com/…46501063

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: ducks game

Thanks - they did tell me to post it here lol

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
3. Re: ducks game

Just so your aware, Anaheim is that close to Hollywood, its a good 45 min drive from Anaheim to the LA area and about twice that long if you are planning on using some form of public transport.

Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: ducks game

Hired a van so I am prepared provided I can get used to driving on the "wrong" side of the road

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
5. Re: ducks game

Renting a car for the day which would likely be the best option.

If you absolutely dont want to drive, I would look into a private car transport back to LA through something such as Zippy Shuttle, Karmel Shuttle which offer private cars around your time schedule along with thier regular Shuttle services. ( you would need to contact the shuttle services directly)

Edited: 4:37 pm, January 17, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: ducks game

Thanks Happy - i am going to rent a van for 6 of us for the few days we are in LA - pick it up at the airport and return it there - that way transport to and from the hotel, Disneyland, etc is catered for - just looking at rental companies now

Menomonie, Wisconsin
reviews: 70
7. Re: ducks game

I can't really speak of how good the seats are in the Duck's stadium, but most hockey arenas are made so the view is good from anywhere. You will spend the most money to be by the ice or even on the lower level. On that lower level you really get to appreciate how fast and big the players are and see the big hits a little better. On the upper levels, seats will be cheaper and even though you can't see the players as close you can really see the plays develop and a good overview of the game. If you have a family I would go with cheaper seats. You may want to try to buy them in advance as well, I live near the Minnesota team (and am a huge fan of this team) and tickets have been selling like hot cakes since they went on sale this week when the lock out was ended. If you have never seen a game live and you like the sport or sports in general I highly suggest going.

laguna niguel, ca
Destination Expert
for Honolulu
reviews: 12
8. Re: ducks game

for a ducks game I would check stubhub.com, typically you can good much better seats below face value. Better to wait till the day of the game

9. Re: ducks game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 19, 2014