We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Anaheim to Newport Beach

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Layton, Utah
Level Contributor
181 posts
134 reviews
Getting from Anaheim to Newport Beach

Any suggestion on getting a family of 6 from Anaheim to Newport Beach?

Is there a shuttle or van company someone could recommend?

We will be taking a shuttle from Long Beach airport to Anaheim to spend a few days there and then heading to Newport for about 4 days.

Don't want to rent a vehicle because once I get there I won't be driving for a few days.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
19,968 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Getting from Anaheim to Newport Beach

You can try a private car through a company like Karmel Shuttle, Super Shuttle, Primetime Shuttle, Zippy Shuttle.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
24,253 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Getting from Anaheim to Newport Beach

Prime Time and SuperShuttle won't take you, as you are not going to/from a Transportation center, and their vans are licensed for that specific purpose.

But maybe you could get a Limo to take you. I suggest contacting the Hotel you are staying at, as many times they have a preferred provider and you might get a discount.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
19,968 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: Getting from Anaheim to Newport Beach

The Shuttle services mentioned also offer a private Car Transport that not thier regular shuttle service. Ive had to check with almost all of them at one time or another.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
24,253 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Getting from Anaheim to Newport Beach

While Prime Time and SuperShuttle have related companies, they operate under different names and transit licenses.

So you would need to contact those companies directly to book.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Getting from Anaheim to Newport Beach

How are you planning on getting around Newport for four days? It's a fairly large expanse and, depending upon where you are staying, you may want to visit various beaches, shopping, the harbor and other sight-seeing locations and attractions. You may want to range from Huntington Beach on the 'North' through Laguna Beach on the 'South'.

Enterprise has some really inexpensive rentals right now and it would give you better flexibilityof both locations and time both in Newport as well as Anaheim. Just thinking out loud.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
40,082 posts
390 reviews
6. Re: Getting from Anaheim to Newport Beach

My best advice is take a shuttle back to the Long Beach airport and rent a car from there. You'll need a car in Newport to see and do most things. By going back to LGB you don't have to worry about drop off fees and the drive down the coast from Long Beach is pretty enjoyable.

See map below.

http://goo.gl/maps/Dt2i7

7. Re: Getting from Anaheim to Newport Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, January 07, 2014