We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locking down my itinerary

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 14
Locking down my itinerary

Hi everyone, I am travelling alone and arriving in Anaheim on January 9 for a trade show but have a few days for sightseeing. I won't have a vehicle. This is my itinerary.

Wednesday: arrive mid afternoon, check into hotel, walk around and get my bearings.

Thursday: KBF - my parents took me there 30 years ago, must see it again for sentimental reasons.

Friday: Disneyland with some of my trade show friends.

Saturday, Sunday & possible Monday: trade show

Tuesday: Disneyland on my own

Wednesday: South coast plaza via shuttle

Thursday: fly back to Australia

If I have Monday free should I go to Disneyland again or look at taking a tour of LA, Seaworld, other? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Sharon

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 80
1. Re: Locking down my itinerary

Its really up to you what you may be interested in doing. You can easily spend 2 or 3 days at Disneyland as there is alot to see and do there.

If you can tell us what Hotel you are staying at, we can likely tell you what may be around that area. You can also walk around Downtown Disney without purchasing a ticket to the Park.

You may want to keep in mind that hours for Disneyland will likely be 10am till 8pm on M-Thurs and longer hours on Fri,Sat,Sun. Fireworks would only be shown on the weekend nights, Fri,Sat,Sun.

There are also Tours that go from the Anaheim area to the LA area as well as San Diego ect, that you can use. Larger Tour Companies include Grayline Tours and Starline Tours. There would also be tours to one of the beaches in the area which are usually only about 30 min away from Anaheim.

There is also a very cool flight simulator for F-16 ect. thats only a few miles away from the Disneyland area, so a short cab ride.

http://www.flightdeck1.com/

Perth, Australia
2. Re: Locking down my itinerary

Thanks for the reply happytotrip. I am staying at the Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I had forgotten about the fireworks on the weekend nights. Unfortunately I won't be able to see them on the Friday night as I have a class. I think it would definitely be worth me heading into Disneyland on the other nights to see them. I remember the Disneyland light parade from 30 years ago was one of the highlights of the trip for me!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 80
3. Re: Locking down my itinerary

The Ramada Plaza is likely an ok place to stay, the area is fine, but we dont get hardly any feedback on anyone staying there. Its about a 12 min walk to the Turnstiles that go into Disneyland, and has as Art Shuttle stop which goes from Disneyland to alot of area Hotels multiple times per day for a small fee per person. The shuttle also goes to other areas such as shopping at the Outlets at Orange, and the Anaheim Gardenwalk which has alot of good restaurants and is in pretty close walking distance also from your Hotel.

http://www.outletsatorange.com/

http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/

http://www.rideart.org/

Here is a Map of Hotels and restaurants near Disneyland so you can see where things are located including your Hotel. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Sorry, the Electrical Parade ( light parade) which is also a favorite of mine has been moved to Walt DisneyWorld for the time being, so you would not be able to see that. However, there would be the new World of Color show in California Adventure Park which usually has a nightly show, here is more info on that which includes a short video

…go.com/disneys-california-adventure/…

Just so your aware, you can also get a pretty good view of the larger Fireworks if you stand in between the two Park which does not require an entrance ticket, you just would go through a security checkpoint.

Edited: 9:04 pm, January 01, 2013
Perth, Australia
4. Re: Locking down my itinerary

Thanks happytotrip - wow I didn't know that the electical parade still existed! I just assumed it had been replaced by the fireworks, world of color and other shows over the years.

The maps will be a great help to me - much appreciated.

5. Re: Locking down my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, January 06, 2014