We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

We are headed to Disneyland in a few weeks, and between our families we will have 13 kids under 12.

I am wondering if Disneyland offer kids wrist bands on entry

with name & phone number etc in-case they get lost?

Thanks

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
1. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

No, I have never heard of Disneyland Resort Parks doing that.. The only time they use wrist bands is when there is a special event in order to distinquish who is allowed to remain in the park after official closing. Those don't have names on them.

c

You can tell the kids that if they get lost stay where they are (or as close as possible) and tell a customed employee. Also, they can tell a grandmother type or a lady with kids. I don't have kids, but I watch out for them if they look lost or separated.

Edited: 5:33 pm, November 30, 2012
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
2. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

They tried it for a bit, but discontinued it.

It is the lead ride operator that is the final authority for the specific attraction, and then found that sometimes the wristband did not match up with the officially calibrated height checker that is specific to the ride.

There is an approximate height guide at the entrance to each attraction, but this also not official. State law requires the check at boarding if the height is questionable.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
3. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

Oops, I misread the question, but as RR stated, they don't offer it.

Onoway, Canada
reviews: 41
4. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

I agree with what Redlands said. There are custumed employees everywhere. You could try getting lanyards with the pocket and stick a card with contact information on it.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 146
5. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

You can order your own identity bracelets from several companies for about $10. Just enter child identity wristbands into your browser. Here is one but there are several www.wristbandexpress.com/…

Edited: 5:44 pm, November 30, 2012
Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

Thanks Everyone,

I am glad I asked, now I can make sure I have an alternative ID before we go.

Much appreciate your responses.

California
reviews: 12
7. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

My cousin was separated from his parents and sister and they were frantic. An undercover employee immediately came up to them and took them to be re-united with my cousin. I guess they treated him so well that he did it a couple more times. The Disney security people are very good at what they do.

You can get wrist bands at places like Party City and write a cell number on it if kids can't remember it themselves. You can order them ahead of time. Google "Event Wrist Bands". Here's one site where you can get 100 for $4:

eventwristbands.com/…

Edited: 5:53 pm, November 30, 2012
San Francisco...
8. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

Order the wrist bands made with Tyvek, comfortable and waterproof. We always used these too when kids younger. They came in sheets you peel them off. Now kids know our numbers, address, all our passwords, etc.

Another idea is matching shirts for everyone in a bright color. We see this a lot at DL for large families. Many families just buy the set of shirts day of arrival at World of Disney store, all the same in different sizes.

San Francisco Bay
9. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

I lost my husband once. He went in one restroom door, and came out a different one. We were waiting by the first door. We finally had to report him as lost, and lost about an hour and a half trying to find him. Boy, were we mad!

I think we all had red or green shirts on, too.

I think I would have to drill the rules into the adults and all the children several times, and expect a few of them to get lost anyway. I'd definitely be splitting up into much smaller groups, perhaps divided by age group. All adults should have a U S phone, and a key to the hotel room.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
10. Re: Wrist identity bands for kids in Disneyland

One word of warning, many child safety experts recommend that the child's name and other info not be visible, as it might help a "bad guy" to entice the child, by pretending to know the parents.

The best thing is to get a plastic card and pin it to a piece of clothing, on the inside. Tell the child to approach a Cast Member, show them what the name tag looks like and the typical style of uniforms (Disney use multiple styles, so hard to explain to a child).

If you opt for a wristband, make sure it is placed with the info not showing.