We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a fastpass while others are at the other park

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St George
Getting a fastpass while others are at the other park

Sorry if this has been answered

Is it possible to have your family go to disneyland and the I take their tickets to DCA and get a fastpass for them before they've entered DCA?

Thanks

California
reviews: 12
1. Re: Getting a fastpass while others are at the other park

A friend said that her recent experience with Cars fastpass was that the castmember said if the individual was not there with the ticket you could not get a fast pass.You can only get the number of fastpasses for the number of people present. We were just talking about this last night.. Maybe someone else had a different experience.

Edited: 10:33 pm, November 20, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
2. Re: Getting a fastpass while others are at the other park

How it works is, when a ticket is scanned for the first time upon entering one of the Parks for the day, ( It does not matter which Park) the Fastpass option is activated at that time.

So, they could activate thier tickets for the day by entering Disneyland Park, and then give thier tickets to you to take into DCA Park

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
3. Re: Getting a fastpass while others are at the other park

I wouldn't guarantee that, there are folks that claim it is now that each park checks to see if the guest entered the park (instead of either). Not sure of the current policy, Disney has being trying different things..

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
4. Re: Getting a fastpass while others are at the other park

Unless things very recently have changed, I have called a few times about 4 months ago to ask about Fastpasses for World of Color, as well as other kind of Fastpasses, and I was told it did not matter which Park the ticket was scanned at, someone else could pick up Fastpasses once a ticket had been scanned at one of the Parks Turnstiles.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 46
5. Re: Getting a fastpass while others are at the other park

Well, with respect to actually collecting the FP, we always sent one person to get them for all of us, so that shouldn't be an issue. So long as you have the tickets, then you just put them in the machine and get the FP. I was trying to think if you would get any trouble at the park gate, but then, they don't need to know you have everyone's tickets on you, you only need to show your personal ticket and your ID and you are through the gate. It would take some time though, to line up to get into DL, then leave again, cross the plaza, get into DCA and then go to the FP from there. Depending on how early in the morning you are trying to do this, it could take an hour or more, with the lines at the gates.

We started going just before 10 am and found that it was as quick or quicker to get inside the parks.

6. Re: Getting a fastpass while others are at the other park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 16, 2013