We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carousel inn vs. Fairfield Inn

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Park City, Utah
reviews: 12
carousel inn vs. Fairfield Inn

reserved both for spring break. which is nicer? I believe the Carousel is closer to DL and less expensive but any insite? thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
1. Re: carousel inn vs. Fairfield Inn

You should be aware, Spring Break which is mostly the full week before Easter Sunday will be very busy at Disneyland.

It just depends on what you are looking for, there would also be other options as well close to Disneyland.

The Fairfield inn is a Hotel, although it does have some exterior corridors in part of the Hotel, and is much better rated than the Carousel. Its about a 7 min walk to the Turnstiles that go into Disneyland.

The Carousel is a standard small Hotel and about a 6 min walk, so not much difference there, and both would charge for parking. Although the Fairfield inn has much more parking space.

Both would be ok to stay at imo, it just depends on what you are looking for.

Here is a Map of Hotels and Restaurants in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland main entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Park City, Utah
2. Re: carousel inn vs. Fairfield Inn

Thank you for your reply! This will be the week after easter so hopefully not too bad. Mainly, I want to stay somewhere close walking distance to the entrance of DL. The hotels on the DL property are very expensive and since we only plan on sleeping there and spending most of the time at the park, i thought it wasn't worth it this time. Also, I didn't realize that the Fairfield had indoor corridors as well?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
3. Re: carousel inn vs. Fairfield Inn

The week after Easter would be better crowdwise, still busy, but better than the week before.

April 14 however as an Unoffical event "mini Gay Day" at Disneyland which may also make the park more busy on that date.

My understanding is from some of the people who have stayed at the Fairfield that post here on Trip Advisor have said there are some rooms that have interior corridors.

There is also a good discount for the Carousel using the Micechat discount which anyone can use, i dont know if this discount would apply in a busy time or not, but.....heres the info.

"MiceChat readers enjoy exclusive rates: Standard Rooms starting at $89/night and Concierge level rooms starting at just $109 - this is up to 60% off the going rate! FANTASTIC DEAL.

The Carousel offers FREE continental breakfast and FREE valet parking for MiceChat readers ONLY (be sure to ask for the MiceChat offer).

Contact the Carousel today, and for the lowest rates, be sure to tell them MiceChat sent you.

Call: 1(800)854-6767 to book your stay today!"

Not sure what your budget is, most of the places close to the Disneyland resort are standard Motels with a few Hotels in farther walking distance such as the Howard Johnsons which is about an 11 min walk (and has the Art Shuttle Service available)

Other well rated standard Motels very near the Disneyland Main Entrance would include, the Best Western Park Place Inn, Camelot Inn, Park Vue Inn, Anaheim Desert Inn.

Alot of these places you may have to contact direct to get a room, especially for a busier time, and not much notice. Best Western Park Place inn usually has rooms available if you contact them directly.

Edited: 1:52 am, March 25, 2012
Park City, Utah
4. Re: carousel inn vs. Fairfield Inn

I will look into micechat. Thank you so much for all the great info!!

Lvs

5. Re: carousel inn vs. Fairfield Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 20, 2013