We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport- Hollywood to Anaheim

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast Australia
transport- Hollywood to Anaheim

Hi we will be staying in Beverly Hills or Hollywood - not sure yet.

Anyway I would like some advise on the best way to travel from these places to Anaheim (with luggage) we will be staying there for 3 nights,we wont be hiring a car.

Any advise would be great thanks heaps.

If anyone can suggest some good hotels in these areas for a couple in there early 30's that like to have fun.We would like a good location (Universal studios,rodeo drive sunset Blvd) as we wont have a car , around the 3 - 4 star hotels.

thanks again :)

London, England
reviews: 3
1. Re: transport- Hollywood to Anaheim

We visited LA in October and travelled to Anaheim by private taxi.

It is more like a chauffeur driven car and was very efficient and reliable. Car was of excellent standard and driver wore uniform - excellent service. In addition it only cost $65 - this is less than a standard metered taxi!

When we were travelling back from Disneyland we used a regular taxi - this cost over a $100. Even the disney staff recommended that the private taxi is an excellent way to get around.

I cant remember the exact name of the firm but we got the details by doing a general search of 'taxi firms in LA' on Google.

Sorry cant help you with hotel advise as I stayed with my cousin. Have a great time!

I would recommend West Hollywood as a good place to stay. Its very trendy area and not seedy like Hollywood. You can walk to nearby places, Beverly Centre etc. However, although nearly everyone in LA drives as most places are quite spread apart. However for most places you can get the bus (which we found slightly tricky to master!) - please note though that buses stop quite early.

We got a taxi to Universal studios (metered). This cost $20.

Have a great time!

los angeles, ca
reviews: 13
2. Re: transport- Hollywood to Anaheim

I'm really not sure about public transportation to take between Beverly Hills and Hollywood. As the other post suggested, maybe a taxi is the best way, if you are not renting a car.

As for places to stay, either Beverly HIlls or Hollywood..Yes, you may see interesting characters in Hollywood, but everytime we go to Hollywood, I never felt they were threathening. The last 2 recent times we were there, at the Mann's Chinese Theater, we saw Leonardo Dicaprio and Gwen Stefani, and a few weeks before we saw Pierce Bronson and Selma Hayak. I always felt very safe in Hollywood even at night. In contrast when we vacationed in Denmark this summer a fight broke out by a couple of guys, and glass were almost thrown at us and some children in front of the entrance at Tivoli, where I didn't expect to see this. I've never seen this in Hollywood. And there are always security around Hollywood Blvd. Just as any other place in the world, just beware of your surroundings. One place in Hollywood that is nice is the Renaissance Hotel. It's right next to the shopping complex HOllywood and Highland. Kodak Theater(where the Oscars are held), Mann's Chinese, and Disney's El Capitan Theater are also very close by. There is always something happening in Hollywood, and there seems to be world movie premieres all the time. From there,you can also take Star's Home Tours or even get free tickets to watch a taping of a live tv show. Underneath the Hollywood and Highland complex is a train that takes you directly to Universal Studios. It is a short cab ride to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood also, Sunset Blvd and Santa Monica Blvd.

The area around Beverly Hills is very nice. There is the Best Western Sunset Plaza which is close to a lot of the activities, shopping, and nightlife in that area, but is a short cab ride to Hollywood and Universal Studios.

los angeles, ca
reviews: 13
3. Re: transport- Hollywood to Anaheim

Typo-I meant to say, public transportation between Anaheim and Beverly Hills/Hollywood.

Have a great time!

Los Angeles, Ca
4. Re: transport- Hollywood to Anaheim

Public transportation from Hollywood to Anaheim does exist and if you use it, you can save a bundle. The only downside to these savings is the price you pay in hassle and inconvenience. It can be very limited on the weekends and it will more than likely take longer than a taxi.

From Hollywood you can take the Metro Red Line (subway) to Downtown L.A's Union Station. From Downtown L.A you will need to transfer to the Metrolink and take that south to Anaheim's Edison Field. Amazingly this will only cost you about $7.75 per person (one-way) as opposed to the $75.00 taxi ride. There will be very little walking required, so you don't have to worry about hauling around your luggage very far.

Visit MTA.net and Metrolink.com for more info.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
5. Re: transport- Hollywood to Anaheim

yes I agree about the train. I'm a tour guide and getting to union station is quite easy from BH or Hollywood, though hollywood is on the metro. Trains to Anaheim go every hr or so and gets you there in 50 minutes or so. Very reasonable and lots of room to put your luggage.

Los Angeles
reviews: 30
6. Re: transport- Hollywood to Anaheim

LA is not a very public transportation friendly city. The buses are inconsistant and not that safe. I would rent a car or take a taxi.

El Segundo, CA
reviews: 3
7. Re: transport- Hollywood to Anaheim

You can actually take a train, Amtrak, from Anaheim to

LA Union Station. About $8.50 one way. Then from LA Union Station take the red line Metro to Hollywood and Highland, the dropoff where Kodak Theater is and Grauman's Chinese Theater is located.