We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best travel deals from Vancouver Canada

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton, B.C.
reviews: 2
Best travel deals from Vancouver Canada

I am wondering if any fellow Canadians know where to find the best deal to Disney from Vancouver. We are planning to travel in early September 2005. The only company I have seen offering Disney is Fun Sun. Any comments or experiences with Fun Sun would be appreciated as well. Thank you in advance.

Edmonton
1. Re: Best travel deals from Vancouver Canada

We went through Fun Sun (via Travel Agent) for our Disneyland trip last March. No hassles. Our travel agent booked everything for us. Fun Sun does not sell directly to the buyer as they are a vacations provider only through travel agencies. I went through them to get their 'kids fly free' program. This year, I decided to piece our disney trip (from Alberta) together myself because I got some really good air and hotel (separately) deals at the beginning of this year. If you don't mind the work yourself, I would suggest you do the leg work yourself and then compare to what Fun Sun has to offer....and go from there.

Comox, Canada
reviews: 76
2. Re: Best travel deals from Vancouver Canada

We too, have used FunSun. The best thing about them is they give you vouchers for everything (from hotel transfers, to check-in, to getting your DL tickets and for any side trips too, and you don't have to hold several tickets - each voucher is for the whole family not individuals). This simplifies things. There are two other companies that works out of BC. Western Vacations flies out of Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. Any travel agent in BC would probably have their info. Like FunSun they fly with Alaska Airlines. Also the newest travel company offering packages to DL in BC is Companion Holidays. They work with Harmony Airlines. I think they only fly out of Vancouver and maybe Victoria now too.

We have only used FunSun for our 3 trips because they have just had the best deals at the time. I agree with the previous post. You might want to do some of your own homework to compare prices (including the 'net) that way you are sure you are getting the best deals.

With regards to the package deal from companies, the prices will of course vary depending on which hotel you choose. But I know that all three of the BC based companies give you lots of choices. Just visit your travel agent and they should have the booklets from each company describing the different options.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 13
3. Re: Best travel deals from Vancouver Canada

Hi Cathy38,

I am going to give you some advice about the best times to go. If you wait until mid september, most hotels including the Disneyland hotels offer a 4th Night free with your stay. This is great because it makes those Disneyland properties much more affordable. The surrounding hotels offer them as well, Anabella, Carousel, Holiday Inn and Castle Inn, to name a few. I may even hold off on the park hopper tickets because after the summer they may come out with another Canadian promotion (kids go free or adults at kids price..).

FunSun is a great option in terms of booking. You can also check out Expedia.ca as I know they have had some really good prices over the past year. If not, they are great to see what kind of prices do exist, and then you can take that into a travel agent and see what they can do. At least from Expedia, you can gather some information from numerous hotels.

I do agree however, that FunSun has a very organized way of presenting your vouchers so you will feel like everything is taken care of on your trip. They will use Alaska Airlines which is great as well.. and I bet you that In September, they will have Kids Fly Free combined with the 4th night free stays at the hotels.

I wish you a great trip!

alberta
4. Re: Best travel deals from Vancouver Canada

Hi,

I too checked out Fun Sun because I was under the impression I had to book with them to get the "Kids fly free" program. I booked the flight through my travel agent right away and decided to wait and book my hotel later after I had looked at all the reviews. As it turned out, the hotel I wanted (Ho Jo) was a lot cheaper if I booked it using my CAA card. Even though I did not book my hotel thru' Fun Sun I was still able to get the free flight for my daughter. Fun Sun advertised a lot of 3rd or 4th night free programs for the hotels in their booklet but when I checked Mousesavers.com, the deals were available to anyone. I did book a character breakfast thru' Fun Sun. So to sum up. . . You can even pick the parts of Fun Sun you want to use! I used airmiles to get my park hopper passes. Hope that helps a little!

vancouver island BC
5. Re: Best travel deals from Vancouver Canada

just returned yesterday from FUN FUN FUN ...all a bit sad it is all over....we flew out of vancouver with western vacations (alaska airlines)...everything organized via the travel agent, and all vouchers...everyone's name on each voucher...no hassles, all fun... I want to go back!

stayed at HOJO's and did 2 side trips...one to Universal Studios, and one to Knottsberry farm...that with the 3 day hopper was enough....only regret is that we didn't spend one extra day for the beach, and one extra day to lay low...ah well, we will return!

Canada
reviews: 3
6. Re: Best travel deals from Vancouver Canada

Hi, we travel a fair amount and we are from the Vancouver area as well. The best deals we always got were through Expedia .ca Sometimes the deals are almost half of what our local travel agent could offer. Waiting until the end can sometimes get you extreme deals also. If you are not fussy about leaving from Vancouver and do not mind flying out of Seattle the deals can be amazing!!!!!!lots of luck

Princeton, B.C.
reviews: 2
7. Re: Best travel deals from Vancouver Canada

Thanks for all of the great advice. After hours of searching and comparing prices I have booked with Fun Sun Sept 10-17 from YVR. They appear to be offering the best deal right now. Fun Sun extended the kids fly free promotion, mind you we just seem to pay a higher fare for the adult tickets! Ha Ha. Nonetheless the airfair was 1200.00 cheaper with the package than booking on my own. We are staying at the Staybridge, a property we stayed at three years ago and loved, and did get a free night. I also looked at Western Vacations, their airfare was a bit cheaper however their rates for the hotels were higher than FunSun, so there really was no difference. We are just counting the days!