We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in Anaheim

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland, UK
reviews: 1
Eating in Anaheim

Me and my family will be staying at the Sheraton Inn Anaheim in October. Does anyone know of there is anywhere nice to eat in close proximity as we will not be hiring a car?

Salem, Oregon
reviews: 5
1. Re: Eating in Anaheim

Anaheim has ART Transportation, which is like 3.00 per day, per adult. If you have an ART Pass, you can ride along and it takes you along Harbor Blvd. On South Harbor there is an Outback, Red Lobster, Red Robin, Tony Roma's and some other chain restaurants. I think it is the J Bus you take to get down there. Also, in Downtown Disney there are the Rainforest Cafe and a couple of other nicer restaurants. The Jazz Kitchen was pretty good.

Anyway, all this to say, there are plenty of options.

Santa Barbara...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Eating in Anaheim

The closest and best restaurant (midscale/family) to the Sheraton is Mimi's Cafe next to the Howard Johnson Hotel. Don't listen to the last reviewer of Mimi's because there is a world of difference between Mimi's Cafe and the other area restaurants. For the same price OR LESS than a Denny's or IHOP, you get great ambience, a better and more varied menu, fresh food, and all made from scratch. The best proof can be seen at lunch time...you'll see all of the area Disney and hotel employees in Mimi's Cafe for lunch. It's consistant, inexpensive, yummy, varied and easy to get in and out of. No other restaurant on the strip can boast all of that at Mimi's prices.

Invermere BC
reviews: 4
3. Re: Eating in Anaheim

Mimi's is the best...the food tastes like home! Very fresh and great atmosphere. Breakfast was wonderful and big! Their muffins are really good and each meal comes with a fresh baked loaf..I think it was banana or date but it was good. I have heard Captain Kids and Denny's are not that good so we didn't go. Millies was okay but again, once we ate at Mimi's it did not compare. Have a wonderful time, we drove by the Sheraton and it is a very nice looking hotel. Have a great holiday!

BCanadian

Illinois
reviews: 14
4. Re: Eating in Anaheim

I have to agree...we just returned from a week long stay in Anaheim where we dined at Mimi's several times. The food and service, for us anyway, was always excellent.....with reasonable prices. We had several good meals in the Disney area....but Mimi's was always a favorite. WE were always treated very well and the food was always very good. What more could we possibly ask! Highly recommended.....

alberta
5. Re: Eating in Anaheim

question for littlelisa. . . et al.

Do you need to make reservations days in advance for the rainforrest cafe or can you make them for the same day you are there? It is the one place my daughter has asked to eat. We have one in Edmonton but she seems to think it will be different in DL.

Thanks

Salem, Oregon
reviews: 5
6. Re: Eating in Anaheim

jillie:

They won't let you make reservations. My suggestion is to eat there at an odd hour. We usually go early like at 4:00. Since you are going in October, perhaps there won't be a problem. That little rule works for all the Disney restaurants.

Lisa

Canada
7. Re: Eating in Anaheim

Hey jilliebean?

Since when has alberta had a rainforest cafe?? When did it open? There used to be one at Metrotown in Burnaby, BC but it closed down, and I never knew there was another location in alberta! I'm from Edmonton, where are u from?

Thx!

Berkeley, CA
8. Re: Eating in Anaheim

We just got back from a four-day stay. After talking to a friend of mine we decided to eat lunch one day at the Rainforest Cafe. Great place - lots of fun for the kids and a huge menu. Be sure to make reservations ASAP.

We stayed at the HoJos and ate one night at Mimi's. Very good food and very nice people.

From what I've read the place to avoid is Captain Kidd's (don't know from experience).

Illinois
reviews: 14
9. Re: Eating in Anaheim

Avoid "Captain Kidd's" The place is lousy to say the least. High prices for extremely low quality.....with so many decent places in the area to eat, avoid this place...it's the dregs.