We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolly Steamboat or Desert Belle?

Which Apache Junction hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
Dolly Steamboat or Desert Belle?

Any opinions on which is the better tour, Dolly Steamboat on Canyon Lake, or Desert Belle on Saguaro? We'll be spending a day along Apache trail with 3 little kids (1,3,6)and elderly uncle during our 3 day stay in Mesa. Planning a boat ride along with visits to Lost Dutchman SP, Tortilla Flat.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 7
1. Re: Dolly Steamboat or Desert Belle?

Certainly Canyon Lake would be more convenient for you since you are already planning to go on Apache Trail. I've been on both these boats. The actual boat part of it is similar enough to me that is doesn't make any difference. But I preferred the scenery in Saguaro Lake. I just thought it was a little more interesting and cool looking (as in neato, not cold).

Both are nice relaxing scenic boat rides that you will enjoy.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
reviews: 69
2. Re: Dolly Steamboat or Desert Belle?

If you're also going to Lost Dutchman State Park (remember there's an entrance fee) and Tortilla Flat, I'd definitely go on the Dolly otherwise you'd have a very long day. You are turning around at Tortilla Flats if you're going soon, right? Because recent reports say the unpaved portion of the Apache Trail is in poor condition.

You know that the Goldfield Ghost Town is on your route,too.

Do you have meal plans or are you taking a picnic?

3. Re: Dolly Steamboat or Desert Belle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, August 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Apache Junction