We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta to Marietta OH, safest route if snows

Columbus, Georgia
Atlanta to Marietta OH, safest route if snows

HI All,

Going to Marietta OH next week. If snow is on the ground, which route is safest? Atlanta to Knoxville to Marietta OH via I64 or Atlanta to Charlotte NC to Marietta OH via I77? Do they keep that stretch of highway pretty clear.

Thanks so much.

3 replies to this topic
Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 127
1. Re: Atlanta to Marietta OH, safest route if snows

I haven't driven those routes during a heavy snow storm, but have driven other interstates through hills and mountains in snowstorms (PA, Ohio, Maryland, Oregon.). In my experience, if it is snowing a little, just drive careful, there probably won't be any issues. If it is a big snow storm, the roads will get bad, but within a day of the storm passing, the interstate is usually in good condition. Perhaps watch the weather and see if one of your routes will have less storms on the day of travel...

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 31
2. Re: Atlanta to Marietta OH, safest route if snows

It is hard to say. IF there is storm, you would really have to look at the weather map to see what area (or Interstate) it is hitting. Could be the Knoville route....could be the Charlotte route. Normally I would say take the Charlotte way..I-77. More direct and quicker. Really, the road crews on the Interstates do a great job of keeping the highways as clear and safe as possible. I doubt you will have any problems no matter the weather. (well, unless it is Snowmageddon)

Just make sure your tires have good tread... and if there is snow (or rain!).... slow down!!

charleston, wv
reviews: 3
3. Re: Atlanta to Marietta OH, safest route if snows

So far most of the bad weather has been to the west and north. Kentucky and Tenn has had had it worse than we have. But like BeachLady says....Never know.......

Looked at next weeks forecast and it actually looks clear. (subject to change)

Reply to: Atlanta to Marietta OH, safest route if snows
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted