We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins in West Virginia in March

Milford, NJ
reviews: 7
Cabins in West Virginia in March

I'm looking to do a road trip to West Virginia the first weekend in March. I thought it would be nice to go rustic and stay at a state park or campground that has cabins available to rent that time of year. I have found one or two places but I was looking for some more options. I found a lot of lodges and deluxe cabins that are available but that wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I'm looking for something a bit more on the rustic side. Suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

5 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
reviews: 51
1. Re: Cabins in West Virginia in March

I frequently recommend the cabins at Lost River State Park. it is a very nice park, and they have a good assortment of cabins, some are rustic and some are modern. You may have trouble because of the time of year you are planning on going, rustic cabins may not be for rent because they don't have heat other than a fireplace.

Here are the cabins at LRSP www.lostriversp.com/accommodations.html

Waynesville,NC
reviews: 21
2. Re: Cabins in West Virginia in March

My found Oak Mtn Hollow Lodge outside of Elkins on VRBO last year and loved it! Very secluded, rustic, and reasonable rates. It is located on 50 acres and very park like. Many of the state park cabins don't open until April, but Elkins is close to the Canaan Valley, Blackwater Falls, and many other recreational opprotunities.

Edited: 12:35 am, January 23, 2014
Waynesville,NC
reviews: 21
3. Re: Cabins in West Virginia in March

My found Oak Mtn Hollow Lodge outside of Elkins on VRBO last year and loved it! Very secluded, rustic, and reasonable rates. It is located on 50 acres and very park like. Many of the state park cabins don't open until April, but Elkins is close to the Canaan Valley, Blackwater Falls, and many other recreational opprotunities.

Edited: 12:35 am, January 23, 2014
Washington DC...
reviews: 49
4. Re: Cabins in West Virginia in March

Try Cacapon State Park if you haven't already. It's near Berkeley Springs.

Bardstown, Kentucky
reviews: 6
5. Re: Cabins in West Virginia in March

Twin Falls State Park has them. I stayed there a couple years ago in February.

Reply to: Cabins in West Virginia in March
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted