We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please :)

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
Help please :)

Hi All,

Will be spending 3 nights in Washington DC in late September this year. There will be my husband, 18yo son, 16yo daughter and myself. We would like to stay in one room.

I am tossing up between Thw Washington Plaza and the Crystal Gateway Marriott. Which would you recommend. Have read all the reviews and still find it challenging to choose.

Thanks in advance.

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 30
1. Re: Help please :)

How important is location for you? The Washington Plaza is near downtown DC, while the Crystal Gateway is across the river in Virginia. My preference would be the Plaza, just because of the style and I find the Crystal City Marriotts architecturally and asthetically boring. Comfortable and dependable, yes, but once you've seen the inside of one Marriott hotel room, you've seen them all.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 25
2. Re: Help please :)

All things being equal, I usually recommend staying in the city so I'd go with the Washington Plaza. At the end of Sept, the weather should be nice for walking so it wouldn't be a problem to walk to Dupont Circle or another area in the evening for dinner. I just think it's more fun to really experience the city by staying there if you can. Good luck with your decision!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Help please :)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

4. Re: Help please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 25, 2009