We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 5
How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

How long of a drive is it from DC to Williamsburg, VA?

Maryland
reviews: 8
1. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

Just about 2.5 hours, w/out traffic.

miami
reviews: 10
2. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

Happytraveler2006,

I am also considering combining a trip to DC with a trip to Williamsburg. I would be interested in getting an idea of your three day itinery for Washington, if possible. In Williamsburg I wanted to go to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. Ant suggestions of what else to do?

NJ
reviews: 5
3. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

emarismom

I don't have an itinerary planned yet but these are the things we definitely want to fit into our DC portion

Smithsonian

Capital building

Air/ space museum

Bureau of engraving (think the kids will get a kick on seeing this)

Monuments - Lincoln, etc

We are going to incorporate some of the sites in the National Treasure's movie since my kids love the movie and are interested in the sights shown/ talked about

Williamsburg we are going to visit the villages, Jametown, etc and Busch Gardens

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
reviews: 197
4. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

In Williamsburg I recommend a show at the Kimball Theater. It's right outside the historic area so if you don't have a Historic Williamsburg ticket, you can still get in. The tickets for the theater are cheap, like a movie ticket. I saw an 18th century comedy. The plays here are interactive, so you have a really fun time. They're not too long, either.

5. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, August 24, 2009