We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help to find a nice hotel in Washington

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
reviews: 7
Need help to find a nice hotel in Washington

I will attend a conference in Washington DC and plan to stay 3 extra days from Thursday 26 to Sunday 29 Oct to explore the city. I will stay in Omni Shoreham for two "conference" nights. The remaining 3 nights I would like to stay as close as possible to "centrum" as I do not have much time for walking. I would like to experience the atmosphere of "old time". I understand that Georgetown could be one option. Do you have any ideas on what area(s) would be best for me to stay in. I would also be happy for any hotel suggestions. My budget is max USD 200/night.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 6
1. Re: Need help to find a nice hotel in Washington

Georgetown is a nice area the only hitch is that some places aren't that close to metro. Make sure they have a shuttle to Foggy Bottom or it is close by. It is a great walking part of the city with shops and nice streets.

There is a Jury's inn at Dupont Circle that gets good reviews on this site. Just a few stops away on the metro to all the sights.

You should be able to get some deals since it is not tourist season.

Other places to stay that are affordable are just over the river in Crystal City, VA. Plenty of posts on Crystal City if you search.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 24
2. Re: Need help to find a nice hotel in Washington

If you want to stay within walking distance of the National Mall the see the monuments, memorials and Smithsonian museums, you'll probably want to stay closer to downtown. Georgetown would be a nice place for you to visit, but if you don't have much time to walk or travel from place to place, I think you're better off staying close to the National mall.

However, you may have a hard time finding an affordable historic hotel. For example, the Willard would be a good choice, if that's what you mean by "experience the atmosphere of old time," but I'd be surprised if a room was under $200/night. However, you might try the Hotel Washington, which is right nearby and also very convenient to the National Mall. Another good choice might be the Marriott Courtyard Convention Center.

Good luck and have a nice trip.

New York City, New...
reviews: 19
3. Re: Need help to find a nice hotel in Washington

A good place to start looking would be quikbook.com: they're showing availability within your price range for those dates at a couple of places which might appeal to you, .e.g, the Hotel Lombardy.

4. Re: Need help to find a nice hotel in Washington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 27, 2009