We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help! Leaving tomorrow...

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 10
Itinerary Help! Leaving tomorrow...

Thank you to anyone who will help me with this!

We are arriving in DC 8:00 a.m. Monday morning and will be leaving early am. Saturday. Staying At Gregory Hotel & Suites. We eat simply yet enjoy nice but not fancy restaurants for dinner. I do have back issues, so can walk a few miles but need to rest to go on.

Any suggestions or where to eat would be helpful too....

This is what I have so far.....we can take taxi's occassionally yet still want to use MetroRail and Circulator (metrobus info gives me a headache!) We plan to just purchase fare cards with $$ amounts for Met. Do we need separate cards or can we both use from same until we need to add more $ ? (trying to keep it simple)

Monday - Taxi to hotel - check bags - walk to Dupont Circle, (shop there I want to visit) Breakfast - Metro to Arlington - Take Tour - Back to hotel to check in - Nap - Dinner?

Tuesday - Take Circulator to Georgetown – Lunch – Circulator to Redline Circulator at 9th street – ( National Gallery of Art & Sculpture Garden at Constitution Ave) – back to hotel for rest - Circulator (cross street to go left) to Union Station – Eat – Take Monument by moonlight tour – circulator or M back to hotel – or take a taxi!

Wednesday -(possibly rainy) Breakfast or early lunch – Met or Circ to go to National Air & Space Museum & Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Gardens – Go to Union Station for supper and sightseeing – back to hotel (best way to travel this?)

Thursday - Breakfast? Taxi to Washington Cathedral – taxi to Embassy Row? – back to hotel – rest – dinner at hotel – Kennedy Center for concert at 7:00 pm. (need to pick up reserved tickets there)

Friday - Open day - would still like to see National Archives and Tour Capitol Building, yet open to anything. Need to be back at hotel by early evening to pack.

Thank you!

Ohio
reviews: 10
1. Re: Itinerary Help! Leaving tomorrow...

sorry, one more thing.........we aren't planning on running a marathon and enjoy relaxing and soaking in the atmosphere. My itinerary can be changed around if I have planned too much. We can always go back to DC in the future.

Thank you

USA
reviews: 5
2. Re: Itinerary Help! Leaving tomorrow...

Looks like you have a nice itinerary. You may want to visit the Botanical Gardens, near the capitol building. They just opened a new outdoor exhibit that is very nice.

A good place for breakfast on Wednesday is Vie de France. It is in an office building when you exit the metro at the Le Enfant Plaza station, Maryland Avenue exit, close to the Air and Space Museum. Also good for lunch.

You may also want to check out the World War II memorial. It's near the White House.

Hope you have fun.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 24
3. Re: Itinerary Help! Leaving tomorrow...

HI:

I hope you get this message in time... I think one meal at Union Station before the Monuments by Moonlight tour is enough. There's really not much to see or do there, especially if you're planning to go to the Capitol Building on Friday morning. Personally, I'd recommend trying a place like Zaytinya or Jaleo for dinner on Wednesday night in the Chinatown/Penn Quarter neighborhood. You can walk if your back can take it, take metro or it's a quick cab ride from the Mall. They both have tapas/mezzes so you can enjoy a variety of options. If you can handle it/fit it in, they're also near the newly renovated American Art Museum and Portrait Gallery. I thought the museum was nicely done and had some interesting exhibits. I believe they're open later than some of the other museums - maybe 7:30 pm? Check www.si.edu.

Enjoy!

4. Re: Itinerary Help! Leaving tomorrow...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 18, 2009