We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington Nationals Parking Suggestion

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Orion, Michigan
Washington Nationals Parking Suggestion

My family will be attending a Washington Nationals game during the week in several weeks and wondered about parking options - economical and safe. We are driving in from Baltimore.

Thanks in advance.....

6 replies to this topic
Springfield, VA
reviews: 113
1. Re: Washington Nationals Parking Suggestion

The Nationals sell tickets for parking in advance of the games at:

…mlb.com/was/ballpark/parking.jsp

The closer the parking is to the stadium, the more expensive it is, but even the furthest lots are only a short walk. The neighborhood is very safe, especially during a game, when there are large crowds and police directing traffic. There are a few other lots not affiliated with the Nats in the area as well.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 28
2. Re: Washington Nationals Parking Suggestion

From Baltimore, I might consider driving only as far as the Greenbelt Metro station, then taking the Metro green line straight to Nationals park, but it won't necessarily save you much money. Details on that parking lot here: wmata.com/rail/parking/parking_detail.cfm… Parking at the Metro is $4.50. The ride to the Navy Yard / Nats Park station is 40 minutes, without having to change trains. The peak fare which you'll likely pay getting to the game is $4.95 per person. The off peak far coming back is $3.50. So if there are four of you, it will cost you $38.30 total, but you won't have to deal with any downtown traffic on a weekday.

If you want to drive all the way to the Park, then there is cash parking available at different distances from the stadium. Here is the map of official lots: …mlb.com/was/ballpark/parking.jsp

In addition to the maps / prices shown, there are private (but reputable) cash lots at the corner of 1st St. and N St. SE that are about $30 to park, and one I use on half street *SW* (west of South Capitol Street) just north of M Street that's $20 to $25. There is also a big lot at a concrete plant south of Q Street SW (just off the bottom left edge of the map) for about $15-20 a game. There are others around as well; finding parking for Nats games is not particularly challenging if you're willing to pay. All these lots are as safe as any lots in a big city. Don't leave valuables in plain view and you should be OK.

Lake Orion, Michigan
3. Re: Washington Nationals Parking Suggestion

Thanks Carol757 and warthog for the great information!! Can you suggest a restaurant assuming we park in one of the lots near the stadium?

Thanks.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 28
4. Re: Washington Nationals Parking Suggestion

Nope. That part of the city is still being built up, and other than some fast food establishments (Subway, Five Guys), there is not any notable food near the stadium (Justin's Café is one non-fast food option, but I've never been). Some other choices are coming in the next year or so, but I'm not certain any have opened yet -- I might be wrong, though. If you park in Lot W, you'll be walking distance to Barracks Row, which does have a number of good restaurants. Some then even run golf cart shuttles to the ballpark. But that would add a fair amount of time to your trip. The food within Nats Park is actually fairly good, so all things being equal I'd probably just eat in the park. There are other threads here about what to eat at the stadium. I'd suggest a half smoke 'all the way' at Ben's Chili Bowl, as it's the closest thing to a DC specialty you'll find.

Springfield, VA
reviews: 113
5. Re: Washington Nationals Parking Suggestion

There is a fairly new outpost of Gordon Biersch (brewery/restaurant) on M Street near the Navy Yard Metro station about a block from the stadium. You can make reservations through Open Table (recommended if you want to make sure you have a seat on a busy day). Otherwise, warthog is correct in saying that it's mostly fast food.

Ellington...
reviews: 77
6. Re: Washington Nationals Parking Suggestion

I have always enjoyed Gordon Biersch restaurants so that would be a great option. Its good food and great beer.

Reply to: Washington Nationals Parking Suggestion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted