We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Channel Inn Hotel

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
Channel Inn Hotel

I've read a lot of mixed reviews on this hotel so I'm wavering between booking there 8/25-9/1-06 or not. 2 travelers, in their 50's, who like balconies and water so it's appealing. Will only be traveling on public transportion or foot (no car) and coming in on the Amtrak. How convenient is this hotel to Union Station and the subway/bus lines? Is it a 'safe' area and most importantly is the hotel really only a two-star - is it more inclined to live up to the good reviews or down to the bad?

Thanks.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 48
1. Re: Channel Inn Hotel

It woudn't be my choice for a hotel for a visitor. Having said that, I haven't set foot in the place in years. We used to have our office parties there...

It's just not a great location imo. There is a Metro stop nearby, check out the map:

stationmasters.com/System_Map/…watrfrnt.html

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 48
2. Re: Channel Inn Hotel

I also just looked at the reviews that you mentioned. Assuming that you mean the reviews here on TA, it's kind of odd that none of them are recent. All of the reviews but one are over a year old. I just find that kind of odd. The most recent one is complaining (in April '06) that they couldn't get a response from the place to confirm their reservation. Not a ringing endorsement...

maryland
reviews: 10
3. Re: Channel Inn Hotel

The area is safe enough, and it is very close walking distance to a metro stop.

I've never stayed there but have eaten at the restaurant many times. We always laugh at ourselves for returning because it is very shabby and snobby waiters for terrible service. I'd guess it is indeed a 2 star hotel, just from judging from the lobby and restaurant.

We always return because it is right on the water and has nice views and decent food (just don't expect terrific service). I don't know if this helps you decide or not.

4. Re: Channel Inn Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 12, 2009