We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Least busy places Memorial Day weekend?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Least busy places Memorial Day weekend?

Hello everyone!

Hubby and I will be traveling to DC Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (26th -28th). With Monday being Memorial day, I was wondering if there will be anywhere in the city that might be LESS busy that others? I would rather *attempt (key word!) to stay away from the parades and memorials taking place on Monday. We were thinking maybe the botanical garden, zoo, Georgetown or Chinatown might less crowded, more laid back on the holiday?

I've searched through the DC forums for previous topics that would match up, but all that shows up are people asking how busy DC gets on Memorial day weekend. I realize that our nations capital will get busier on holidays and I am aware that Rolling Thunder is in town. Just wondering if anyone can recommend places that the majority of the crowds will forgo on Memorial Day. We will have our car and have the ability to drive out of the city, if that helps with suggestions.

We are open to anything! Thank you!

Olney, Maryland
reviews: 4
11. Re: Least busy places Memorial Day weekend?

Last year every single famous person was at the rehearsal, except Colin Powell; Gary Denise Natalie Cole, etc.

Olney, Maryland
reviews: 4
12. Re: Least busy places Memorial Day weekend?

Stated better:Last year every single famous person was at the rehearsal, except Colin Powell; Gary Denise Natalie Cole, etc. were all there.

Edited: 12:14 am, May 19, 2013
Ohio
13. Re: Least busy places Memorial Day weekend?

I wanted to thank everyone that contributed to my question. We had a fantastic time! Memorial day was a awesome time to go; much less crowded than I thought. The only bummer was the Metro closed the last 4/5 stops on the orange line (where our hotel was). Thanks everyone!!! Much appreciated!

Edited: 9:37 pm, June 02, 2013
reviews: 135
14. Re: Least busy places Memorial Day weekend?

We were there and there was no least busy place. If you are a Senior, know that you will not get any discount unless you can get a fare card M-Fri. No machines will offer it to you. The Metro is EXPENSIVE! The Circulator is very reasonable.

15. Re: Least busy places Memorial Day weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 04, 2014