We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White house tour question

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 2
White house tour question

Are these still being run?

Being a Canadian Citizen Im assuming I would have to contact our embassy to arrange this?

Has anyone done it?

reviews?

9 replies to this topic
naperville, illinois
reviews: 57
1. Re: White house tour question

Because of the sequester, etc. the White House tours have been cancelled. There has been no date for resumption. Perhaps others on the board can assist you with how you go about obtaining a tour - once they resume.

nps.gov/whho/…white-house-tours.htm

Ellington...
reviews: 95
2. Re: White house tour question

Even before the sequester, non-US Citizens were not able to get tour tickets without help from a US citizen.

Washington DC...
reviews: 22
3. Re: White house tour question

Oh look! The White House tour website says to contact your Embassy. www.whitehouse.gov/about/tours-and-events

Washington DC...
reviews: 40
4. Re: White house tour question

Yes, that's what the White House website says, but most people who do that are told that the embassy doesn't not provide that service. Canada, Australia and Great Britain all have other work to do and will not apply for a tour. Of course, at the present time all that is not important because all tours have been canceled.

Washington DC...
reviews: 22
5. Re: White house tour question

I think it is still a worthy issue to investigate. Ticket requests for the White House have to be submitted at least six weeks in advance. I think we can all hope that people visiting 2, 3, and 4 months from now won't have a sequester to deal with.

Canada
reviews: 2
6. Re: White house tour question

thanks for the information!

Washington, DC
reviews: 53
7. Re: White house tour question

Unfortunately, White House tours were suspended as of March 9th due to the sequester. Not sure when they'll resume. But don't despair, there are many other things to see and do in DC--which personally I think are a lot more interesting! Some suggestions: walk around Georgetown and see the harbor, explore the National Mall and museums, visit the fabulous Hillwood Museum and Gardens... I could go on.

London, Canada
reviews: 7
8. Re: White house tour question

I know there is a Congresswoman who will help Canadians book a White House Tour but I forget her name. Can anyone help?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
9. Re: White house tour question

For a time, the office of Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton was assisting citizens of other countries with tour requests. But I don't believe that's still the case.

Reply to: White house tour question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted