We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these two hotels

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 117
Which of these two hotels

We will be coming to dc for 4 days, September 26-29 and I have found 2 hotels that we like.

1. Hilton garden inn downtown $209 for a king suite with $39 parking no breakfast but has a pool

2. Embassy suites Washington, D.C. Convention center $129 2 room suite has a pool and free breakfast $39 parking

I am wondering as far as location, is the Hilton worth the extra money per night to be closer. We would prefer to walk to as much as possible instead of taking public trans. It will be my husband and I (32, 30) and our youngest two kids (9, 7). We will be focusing on the dc/mall area and will do outside activities once our oldest is done with her ambassador trip.

Anything else I should think about with these two hotels?

Wisconsin
1. Re: Which of these two hotels

Or the courtyard by Marriott convention center. Price is right between the two $160 and I like the location better. But would like an experts advice.

Wisconsin
2. Re: Which of these two hotels

I was wondering about the holiday inn Washington Capitol as well as I have seen it mentioned often. It is $211 while we are there but is not highly rated on here.

Sorry for all the add ons!

Washington, DC
reviews: 8
3. Re: Which of these two hotels

You would be slightly closer to metro at the Hilton but that to me is not worth almost $80.00. If the Courtyard Mariott is at $160.00 I agree that location is better at 9th and F. You are very close to the Metro and lots of restaurants.

Virginia
reviews: 7
4. Re: Which of these two hotels

Both the Courtyard and the Embassy Suites will put you close to Penn Quarter. Courtyard is closer and the walk is better and more lively. It is also much closer to the Mall.

Embassy Suites does have some advantages if you enjoy their full breakfast. I personally like the convenience and leisure pace of walking downstair to have breakfast in the morning. For a family of four, that also save some money.

Greater Manchester
5. Re: Which of these two hotels

Hi casey101 - we've stayed at both these hotels, most recently at the Embassy Suites last October.

As far as location is concerned they were both fine and they're actually not that far apart. However, we preferred the room at the Embassy Suites, which was much larger. The breakfasts were good at the Embassy Suites but I recall that they were also good at the Hilton Garden Inn (don't know whether we paid extra to have it included?).

I would save the money and opt for the Embassy Suites.

JSCAPM

Wisconsin
6. Re: Which of these two hotels

Thanks for the advice. I think we are going to opt for the embassy suites. I really like the JW Marriott but don't want to pay the extra $125 a night. I would rather save that and take another winter trip to the warm and get out of the snow.

Bristol, Connecticut
reviews: 196
7. Re: Which of these two hotels

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Capital Hill. It is very close to the Smithsonian Museums, Monuments, and other museums like The Spy Museum, and Crime and Punishment.

Washington DC...
reviews: 44
8. Re: Which of these two hotels

The Marriott Courtyard at 9th & F has the most "perfect" location of the choices you've listed, IMHO (full disclosure: I live 2 blocks from that hotel and love the immediate neighborhood :)), but the Embassy Suites is a pretty good location too and especially if you can get more space, etc., for your money it seems like a good choice to choose the ES.

The Embassy Suites is right by Brasserie Beck, one of my favorite restaurants (mussels, Belgian beers, good brunch, lots of other delicious food choices) and Mayur Kabab House, which looks a bit random from the outside but actually has good and cheap Indian/Pakistani food. And also by a Tesla Motors dealership, whose windows I can never resist looking into - makes even a non-car-owning city-dweller like me think about having a car if it could look as cool as those. ;)

Have fun! Late September is a great time to be in DC. :) I love the weather that time of year.

9. Re: Which of these two hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 24, 2014