We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving B&B?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna
Thanksgiving B&B?

Hi,

My father recently passed away this year, and my immediate family is trying to figure out how to approach the holiday season. I was hoping to get us out of the house on Thanksgiving, and I was wondering if there were any B&B's in the DC/VA area with a nice Thanksgiving meal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

-M

washington dc
reviews: 1
1. Re: Thanksgiving B&B?

Condolences on your father - it is difficult to have something like that during a holiday. But could you make your request a little more clear? Are you looking for someplace just for the family to go for Thanksgiving dinner or are you looking also for a place for some or all family members to stay?

Springfield, VA
reviews: 113
2. Re: Thanksgiving B&B?

I'm very sorry for your loss. My husband's father, the last surviving parent between the two of us, also passed away this year and we are grappling with how to spend the holidays as well.

I'm not aware of any B&Bs that would be serving Thanksgiving dinner; I thought the whole point of a B&B is that they serve breakfast. With that said, there are a number of restaurants in the DC area that will be open on Thanksgiving and serving the traditional dinner. We took my father-in-law to Clyde's for several years before his death and always had a good time and a good meal. We're going to Trummer's on Main in Clifton this year.

If you go one Open Table and put in the date, you'll see lots of options.

Washington DC...
reviews: 36
3. Re: Thanksgiving B&B?

There are many nice B&B's in the city, but I don't know of any that serve meals other than breakfast. But there are certainly places to go in the city for a nice Thanksgiving meal.

Vienna
4. Re: Thanksgiving B&B?

I was looking for either a place that would serve a nice Thanksgiving dinner or a B&B where my mother + 2 siblings from out of town could get out of the house for a couple days (we're a small family). We've always had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at home, but I was hoping to do something different this year in lieu of my father's passing. Thanks so much for your suggestions so far. My friend recommended posting on this site for advice.

Washington DC...
reviews: 36
5. Re: Thanksgiving B&B?

I found this using Google: bbonline.com/specials/… I don't know anything about the places mentioned.

6. Re: Thanksgiving B&B?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 23, 2013