We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank-you to all the local experts

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
southofboston
Thank-you to all the local experts

Thank-you for the suggestions. I checked with the hotel and there should be no problem parking, then as suggested taking the metro. The system looks as though it is designed the same as Boston's-colorcoded and easy to navigate. Although from what I understand much cleaner than ours!After reading through previous posts, we have decided to forgo the Washinton Mnt. ascent and go with the alternative Old Post Office Square Pavillion. Still deciding between Night Tour Trolley vs. walking ourselves-but either way should be beautiful. Thank-you to all the local experts who take the time and energy to respond to all of us out-of-towners. Sometimes going through all the tourbooks and coming up with a plan of action, especailly with a city with so many options can be overwhelming and time consuming. Your insights and recommendations are most appreciated. Looking forward to exploring your beautiful city. On a side note-I'm hoping to go for an early morning run-are there certain areas better than others? Is there particular ettiqiute(similar to the commuter/escaltor variety) I should be aware of? Thanks again.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 6
1. Re: Thank-you to all the local experts

Make sure to return the favor in the Boston forum. That's what makes this site so great. We all know a little something about some place. (If you've ever been to Siena, I have a post that is getting little attention : (

Hope you have a great time in DC.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
2. Re: Thank-you to all the local experts

You're welcome, debe3. Enjoy your stay. Yes--Metro does have color coded lines just like the T. And, yes, it is cleaner but that's because it's newer. But the T is cheaper. I hope you'll do a trip report when you return home. For a run--if you are near the Mall, you could do it there. Early in the morning, you shouldn't encounter too many people.