We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation between Redskins game and airport TRAFFIC??

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 16
Transportation between Redskins game and airport TRAFFIC??

We are going to the Redskins game on Sunday and have to catch a flight out of Reagan right after (games should end by 4:30; flight leaves at 7:15). We fly often, so we don't check luggage and I will have our boarding passes printed, so when we arrive we just go directly to our gate after security. My parents will be driving and have their car (which we will have to grab our luggage from after the game). I can either have them drive us to the airport from the stadium or drive us to the metro station and take the metro. Which would be better in light of traffic after the game? Car or metro to Reagan? Leaving tomorrow any help is appreciated!

Washington DC...
reviews: 40
1. Re: Transportation between Redskins game and airport TRAFFIC??

As someone who prefers watching the games on TV rather than dealing with the agony and expense of going to FedEx Field, all I can tell you is that traffic is usually a nightmare after the games and can last for a couple of hours. That is what I see on TV. If the score is very lop-sided at half-time, people might start leaving early and make things easier. Lets hope that happens in the Redskin's favor. Otherwise, I wish you the best and hope you make your flight.

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 16
2. Re: Transportation between Redskins game and airport TRAFFIC??

I prefer not watching at all haha. This is for my husband and mother and grandfather who do live in VA. I just saw it's a mile walk to metro station. Perhaps parking in between the metro and stadium and just walking to metro is best?

Washington DC...
reviews: 40
3. Re: Transportation between Redskins game and airport TRAFFIC??

From what I hear, there are no places to park anywhere near the stadium except the very expensive Snyder-owned lots. They tried to keep people from walking from the Metro station, but lost that fight.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
4. Re: Transportation between Redskins game and airport TRAFFIC??

One of the regulars here, I think "Twhall" or similar name, is a Redskin ticket holder, hopefully can weigh in with some experience.

I only know what I hear on the traffic reports on the radio on Sunday evenings, where 90 minutes and more after the game they are still describing bumper-to-bumper traffic on the roads around the stadium. They pack in something like 88,000 for games so it isn't pretty.

It may come down to just having to decide to leave halfway through the 4th quarter or something like that in order to play it safe and make the flight.

5. Re: Transportation between Redskins game and airport TRAFFIC??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 05, 2011