We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cowboy Boots

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Switzerland
reviews: 25
Cowboy Boots

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a pair of cowboy boots, preferably in the city centre? Thanks :)

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
1. Re: Cowboy Boots

There is Cowboy Western Wear, 3147 Dumbarton St., NW. Further out, there is Boot Village, 10805 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA--if you don't have a car, getting there involves taking Metro to VA, followed by a Fairfax Connector Bus which would leave you, if not right at the place, at least a very short walk.

Switzerland
2. Re: Cowboy Boots

Thanks, SueFee. Any idea how long it'd take to get from the Mayflower to Boot Village using public transport?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
3. Re: Cowboy Boots

You're welcome, swisslady. First, I would suggest that you look at Cowboy Western Wear since it is a lot closer to your hotel. However, Boot Village has an excellent selection of boots and has been in business for quite some time. You can get there by public transportation but it will take some time. Take the orange line Metro train to Vienna (the end of the line) (for Metro maps and schedules: www.wmata.com). This part of the trip would take about 45 minutes or so. Once at Vienna, you would need to take a "Cue" Bus (for a map and schedule: http://www.fairfaxva.gov/CUEBus/CUEBus.asp). How long this part of the trip will take depends on what time of day you go or what day of the week and how often the buses run. From the look of the map, you would need to take Route #1 or Route #2--both appear to leave you if not right by Boot Village, at least a very short walk away.

DC
reviews: 1
4. Re: Cowboy Boots

Hiya Swisslady, SueFee and anyone else~

There used to be a country western store in Tenley Town DC called Count's Western Wear. Is that still there? It's been over 20 years since I've been there.

Swiss Lady~

Even though Cowboy Boots are an American Icon, they are not worn often in DC, and authentic one's might be hard to find. They are more of a West and Mid West type thing.

Just like when I went to Berlin, I tried to find my father a set of lederhosen, but it was impossible to find since they were more normally worn in the Bayern.

But, if there is anyone who can lead you to real ones in DC, it is SueFee and the Gang. They all really know their business!

Cheers,

Dev

Switzerland
5. Re: Cowboy Boots

SueFee and Devlin, you've both been a great help. I'll check the Cowboy Western Wear first and if we've got time we'll visit Boot Village. Thanks a lot for your replies :)

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
6. Re: Cowboy Boots

You're welcome, swisslady. Enjoy your stay in DC! While I've never been inside Boot Village, even though I drive by it often enough!--They are known for having authentic western boots.