We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare to Reagan National airport from...

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
reviews: 24
Taxi fare to Reagan National airport from...

Homewood Suites - 4850 Leesburg Pike, Alexandria, VA

Homewood Suites - 8130 Porter Road, Falls Church, VA

Marriott - 1651 North Oak Street, Arlington, VA

Marriott - 2345 Mill Road, Alexandria, VA

I'm hoping some experts can give me ballpark cab fares for these distances to the airport. We have an expense budget & need that info before booking. None of the above hotels have shuttles & hotel staff cab "estimates" are all over the place. Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks :)

Washington DC...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Taxi fare to Reagan National airport from...

Check out this web site:

www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=DC

That should give you a pretty good ballpark idea. If you have extra passengers, etc., that could change the fare a bit, but that site was get you pretty close.

Washington DC...
reviews: 40
2. Re: Taxi fare to Reagan National airport from...

Remember that taxi fares are both distance and time dependent. If you are taking the cab during rush hours, the amount can be a lot more than you are traveling at 8 AM on a Sunday morning.

Boston, MA
3. Re: Taxi fare to Reagan National airport from...

We will be traveling before 5am on a Monday morning. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of traffic, so any information in that regard is also very helpful!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
4. Re: Taxi fare to Reagan National airport from...

On any normal Monday, there is no meaningful traffic before 5 AM between any of those hotels and Reagan. So wait times shouldn't figure into your analysis.

Although you didn't ask, and perhaps you already know, your hotels are nowhere near equal as options in terms of ease of access to points of interest, public transportation (e.g. Metro rail) and the airport.

The first Homewood Suites is in the middle of nowhere from a transit / tourism perspective. You have no easy way of getting anywhere other than taxis or, during the hours when they run, some Metro buses. On the plus side, the airport is a straight shot up I-395, so the cab ride should be fast; 15 minutes or less.

The second Homewood Suites is furthest from the airport and the city, and is the only hotel outside the beltway. It is theoretically walking distance from the Dunn Loring Metro, but the walk is along a busy road. There is nothing of note nearby to see or do. I'd guess the ride in a cab to the airport is 20 minutes before 5 AM.

The first Marriott is the closest to the city, closest to the airport, and only a few blocks from the Rosslyn Metro. It is far and away in the best location of the hotels you are considering for any typical visit to Washington, and will have the lowest cab fare to the airport. Your cab ride at 5 AM is all of 5 minutes.

The second Marriott is walking distance to a Metro (Eisenhower Ave.), but again in an area that is not that interesting for tourism. Your ride to the airport should be about 10 minutes at 5 AM, but it is via city streets so traffic lights could delay that a bit.

If prices are all the same and your plans involve visits to downtown Washington, the first Marriott is far and away the "best" choice.

Boston, MA
5. Re: Taxi fare to Reagan National airport from...

Warthog -

Thanks so much for the traffic info!

As far as the locations go, I'm familiar with DC enough to know what I'm getting into. We aren't coming to see the sites - we have family in Germantown, MD; a dinner in DC & a wedding in Centreville, VA on a long weekend. I am trying to find something that works for all events.

My husband has a 6am flight out of Reagan on the Monday morning & needs to be less than 20 mins from the airport not to feel anxious. We will have our own car with us, so have transportation to get where we're going. I'm knowledgeable enough of DC to be cool with finding parking etc for any events in the city.

Thanks for looking out for me, though :)

6. Re: Taxi fare to Reagan National airport from...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 28, 2010