We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Embassy hotel Washington dc

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
reviews: 8
Westin Embassy hotel Washington dc

We are planning to stay at the Westin Embassy hotel from 10/20 to 10/24/05. I've seen mixed reviews on this site, but it was the only hotel that could accomodate our entire family for a reasonable price. Does anyone know if there is any construction going on right now or if there are any other issues with the hotel? The rate of $122/night we got seems too cheap.

Thanks

PS anything you can share about DC would help too - my parents are 80 years old and we are taking them to see the WW2 memorial.

Las Cruces, New...
reviews: 47
1. Re: Westin Embassy hotel Washington dc

Ref your elderly parents, read the post "D.C. mobility" started Jul 15 by BuckeyeBarry for good info on getting around DC w/seniors and on the WWII memorial.

Durango, CO
reviews: 4
2. Re: Westin Embassy hotel Washington dc

Where did you get this rate? The best I can find for my November stay is $176/night.

Kentucky
3. Re: Westin Embassy hotel Washington dc

I did name your own price on priceline - I asked for a 4 star hotel in either Dupont Circle or Downtown washingtion - since we needed 4 rooms I couldn't find any hotel the normal route that had enough rooms - so I figured I'd try the name your own price - the catch is you have to pay up front and it's non-refundable - plus you don't know what hotel you'll get - but I figure a 4 star at $122/night can't be too bad

Durango, CO
reviews: 4
4. Re: Westin Embassy hotel Washington dc

Thanks for the info. I'm a big chicken when it comes to "name your own price". But from what I've read I think that's a great price for the Westin Embasy Row.

Kentucky
5. Re: Westin Embassy hotel Washington dc

This is the second time I've done that - the first time was fine got a nice room in a 4 star hotel for $99/night when the others were quoting $180/night - I don't think we got the "best" room - the view was on the crummy side of the hotel - but at that price we had just as nice a room as anyone else. No problem checking in - no one treated us 'differently' - I've had a couple co-workers do the name your own price too with happy results. I would be a little chicken doing it for a 3 star hotel since some 3 stars seem iffy to me.