We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks on the fourth

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Fireworks on the fourth

We want to drive to DC for the fireworks. I read that they are shot off at the Mall, but is better to stay at a hotel outside the area and take a train in? Is Baltimore far from DC? What hotel is closest to the Mall fireworks? Thanks for your help.

washington d.c.
reviews: 1
11. Re: Fireworks on the fourth

what time do the fireworks start?

North Carolina
12. Re: Fireworks on the fourth

Sounds like something to avoid then, especially with 3 kids. That's too bad, because some of my best memories of DC were walking up and down the Mall.

So, do these new security fences also hamper access to the museums? We definitely want to take the kids to several while in town, but now I'm wondering how easy that's even going to be.

Jammer

North Carolina
13. Re: Fireworks on the fourth

Nadel, the information I have says the fireworks start at approx. 9:10pm. Just enough time for it to get dark, I guess. The concert by the National Symphony leading up to the fireworks starts at 8pm, I believe.

Jammer

Washington, D.C.
reviews: 58
14. Re: Fireworks on the fourth

Nadel,

Fireworks start at DUSK.....that would be anywhere between 9:15-9:30p.m.

Washington, D.C.
reviews: 58
15. Re: Fireworks on the fourth

Jammer,

I just brought back the topic of fireworks, it's entitled 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS....these are some alternate places where you may want to watch the fireworks with the kids and not be in the "thick of things".

I think the Folklore festival is happening during that time also, so you can see different things from other cultures. You can check to see if certain things are open/closed by checking out the following: www.si.edu This is the website for the Smithsonian and events.