We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant suggestions in crystal city

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
restaurant suggestions in crystal city

I'm looking for suggestions on restuarants in the crystal city/pentagon area.

If given a choice of cuisine, i'd list these per priorioty:

thai/malaysian

greek

mexican

thanks.

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 45
1. Re: restaurant suggestions in crystal city

There is a great restaurant row in Crystal City on 23rd Street. East of Rt. 1, there are some more mainstream restaurants like Jaleo (Tapas), but west of Rt. 1 are funkier places (Thai, Sushi, etc.). Just go for a walk and see what you like.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
2. Re: restaurant suggestions in crystal city

The Pentagon Row area has lots of restaurants. For more info---www.pentagonrow.com/--I have tried Ristorante Murillo in Pentagon Row and it was not good.

Washington, DC
reviews: 76
3. Re: restaurant suggestions in crystal city

For Thai, there's an excellent place called Neramitra on Crystal Drive. Thaiphoon in Pentagon Row is also pretty good. For Greek, there's an old-fashioned family-run place called Athena Pallas on S. 22nd. I highly recommend the excellent Kabob Palace on S. Eads St. - mainly Afghan but with other Middle Eastern and South Asian influences. There are two branches on the same street: the original is order-at-the counter, mainly carry-out, and there's a newish sit-down restaurant.

I can't think of any Malaysian restaurants in that area, but if you're in NW DC there's Malaysia Kopitiam (Dupont Circle/Farragut North) or Straits of Malaya (Dupont Circle/Adams Morgan).

new jersey
4. Re: restaurant suggestions in crystal city

Thanks for the info.

I was able to find 2 names for, Thaiphoon (Pentagon row) and Neramitra. But i read somewhere that Thaiphoon is not that great.

I will probably try Neramitra tonite (depends on what time i reach there!) since its also closer to where i am staying (holiday inn national airport).

If i do get a chance tomorow, I will give try Kabob Palace or Athena Pallas

I get there tonite (Apr 6) and head out tomorow nite.

DC
5. Re: restaurant suggestions in crystal city

If you are going to be in the CC area, there is an art exibition called Art-o-Matic where they take two floors of a vacant office building and turn it into a series of mini galleries. It is really quite a big too-do in the arts community here in DC. Art shows, art performances, and all kinds of interesting things. It begins 13 April and goes thur to 20 May. Closed Mondays. Do a search on Artomatic and their website will come u p.

6. Re: restaurant suggestions in crystal city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 29, 2009