We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suite hotel or ajoining rooms for family

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
reviews: 12
Suite hotel or ajoining rooms for family

We are planning a trip to DC with our kids, 3.5 and 6, and would love a place where we can stay up after they go to bed. Either a suite with 2 bed in one room and a sleeper sofa in the other or a hotel where we can get ajoining rooms. Want to be in the city, not schleping on the metro every day. Thanks.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 6
1. Re: Suite hotel or ajoining rooms for family

I would think that a fair number of the hotels have suites. If you want to save a little money since you are getting two rooms, stay in Crystal City. Just two metro stops outside the city and probably a lot cheaper.

Check out the airport noise posts for some recent visitors.

reviews: 3
2. Re: Suite hotel or ajoining rooms for family

The Residence Inn-Capitol is the answer to your woes.. Just got back on trip with 5, 9, 11 year olds. Loved the cookies, free breakfast and dinner, 2 rooms and the weekend rates.$149. The picture on their website is just a generic and the rooms and exterior areMUCH nicer. Good luck!

Tucson, AZ
reviews: 6
3. Re: Suite hotel or ajoining rooms for family

We're going in June with our 2 sons and will need the same kind of accomodations. I had booked our room already, but the Residence Inn price mentioned here was a bit better, so I looked up current prices for our dates in June, and for a 2 bedroom suite, the AAA rate is $329 per night. :( So I'm going to stay with our original reservations at the Doubletree Guest Suites in the Foggy Bottom area (1 block from a Metro station...from everything I hear, the Metro is easy and quick to use, though I do understand your thoughts.). We got a suite for $159/night. I just checked and the lowest rate is $179 for 2 queens in one room and a sofabed in the other.

There are other Doubletree properties in town that might have the same low prices.

Good luck!