We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on itinerary requested

Which Washington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Muncie, IN
Feedback on itinerary requested

Any feedback would be appreciated--we have never been to Washington before, so it is a little overwhelming trying to figure it all out!

Day 1--Arrive at SeaTac late morning or early afternoon. Visit Space Needle and attend evening Mariners game. Overnight downtown Seattle.

Day 2--Drive to North Cascades National Park. Overnight in cabin west of park.

Day 3--Explore North Cascades N.P. Overnight in same cabin.

Day 4--Drive and ferry to Friday Harbor. Overnight in Bed & Breakfast

Day 5--Whale watching, hiking, etc. Overnight in same Bed & Breakfast

Day 6--Drive & ferry to Port Angeles. Go to Hurricane Ridge if time allows. Overnight Port Angles.

Day 7--Explore ONP. Overnight around Forks.

Day 8--Explore ONP. Overnight Lake Quinault.

Day 9--Drive to Mt. Rainier N.P. Overnight in cabin west of park

Day 10--Explore Mt Rainier. Overnight in same cabin.

Day 11--Drive to SeaTac for late afternoon flight home.

I know I don't have a lot of detail for each day, but does this sound doable without being too rushed? We will mainly be hiking. This will probably be our only trip to Washington, and I would really like to see all 3 National Parks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Port Townsend...
reviews: 50
11. Re: Feedback on itinerary requested

The SJI - Anacortes ferry is first-come first-serve. Your hotel in Friday Harbor can give you a good idea on when to get in the ferry line. (In August 2011, on a weekday we were told to leave the B&B about 1.5 hours before the ferry time because we needed to get to the airport -- missing the ferry was not an option.) You park the car in line and then go walk around the shops and grab a coffee. Given that your "cost of missing the ferry" is high, (creates cascading problems), I would give it lots of time. Suggestion -- save the "window shopping" in Friday Harbor for the time you're parked in line.

In the summer, the Coupeville - PT ferry runs every 45 minutes. (Though, you want to check for cancellations due to low tide.) No idea how far in advance the ferry reservation books up. You can reserve on-line and even see what's available.

Travel time would be: Wait time at Friday Harbor, hour to Anacortes, hour to Coupeville, wait time in Coupeville, 30 minute ferry and 1+ hour to Port Angeles.

I will warn you: you're going to be driving by lots of stuff worth stopping at -- but that's just me. And that's why I moved here.

12. Re: Feedback on itinerary requested

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 11, 2015