We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car storage in Richmond

Which Virginia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 13
car storage in Richmond

Hi all

Would like some advice in storing a hire car for 4 days in Richmond while we go to New York, I have googled short term car storage but all the sites way monthly, does anyone have any information about short term rental and safety of them etc.

cheers

Gill

Edited: 7:36 pm, December 28, 2012
Reisterstown...
reviews: 77
1. Re: car storage in Richmond

Do you mean parking a car? Is it a rental car that you plan to "store" ? How are you getting to New York, train, airplane? Either of those conveyances will have parking available.

Adelaide, Australia
2. Re: car storage in Richmond

Yes it is a rental car. Looking at either the bus or train to get to NY, would the parking at the train or bus station be secure?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 41
3. Re: car storage in Richmond

Are you renting locally, in Richmond? If so, the place you are renting from probably has secure parking; you could check with them, or at one of the Richmond locations if it's a national chain. I understand it may cost less to keep the car even for the four days you aren't using it, but be sure to check the option of turning it in and then getting another upon your return, too.

Adelaide, Australia
4. Re: car storage in Richmond

Hi Zoey

No renting from LA and touring around but thought the easiest way to get to NY would be either fly/train or bus from somewhere around Richmond. If we were to fly it would actually be cheaper and quicker from Charlotte. Not sure about the Greyhound bus, hear too many different stories :(

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 41
5. Re: car storage in Richmond

I would take the train from the RVR (Staples Mill) station, and leave my car parked there. According to the Amtrak site, there are 228 long-term spaces, with a parking attendant. There are many more departure time options there than at the RVM (Main Street) station, and as far as I know, it's considered a safe part of town.

Adelaide, Australia
6. Re: car storage in Richmond

Yes I think that is my option now, thanks for your help

cheers

Gill

7. Re: car storage in Richmond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 01, 2014