We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virginia Fall Foliage Report

Which Virginia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ranson, West...
reviews: 23
Virginia Fall Foliage Report

It's that time of year again, to see beautiful fall foliage!

If you want to know when the best time is to plan your visit to see the most color, or if you already have a visit planned & want to know what the leaves will be doing, the VA Dept of Forestry has a great webpage that is updated weekly on exactly where & when the leaves are turning, even down to what kind of trees are turning during that time. They also have 'Fall Foliage Tours' they recommend for the best 'leaf-peeping'. =)

http://www.dof.virginia.gov/fall/index.htm

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 22
11. Re: Virginia Fall Foliage Report

Just a word to the wise. If you planning a trip to Sky line drive may I suggest you enter at Thornton Gap instead of Front Royal, It can be up to an hour wait at front Royal but only a few minutes at Thornton Gap . To get to Thornton Gap take 211 off of 66 going west . Go threw Warrenton head for Washington VA to Sperryville . After entering the park you can then head north or south..

Also if you are 62 or over ask for a seniors pass it is just $10 for a life time pass, a one time entry last year was $15 . Good excuse to take Mom and dad along

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 46
12. Re: Virginia Fall Foliage Report

We're starting to get some beautiful fall color here in the Williamsburg area, but it'll be a week or more, most likely, before we're at peak. Still gorgeous!

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 22
13. Re: Virginia Fall Foliage Report

The time is now . Looks good up there today

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSCN17342.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSCN17272.jpg

Ranson, West...
reviews: 23
14. Re: Virginia Fall Foliage Report

At peak color here in the Williamsburg area & the Peninsula. Absolutely beautiful!

http://www.virginia.org/Fall/

reviews: 1
15. Re: Virginia Fall Foliage Report

I drove through Newport News Park this morning (11/11/11) on my way to work and the leaves were (finally!) gorgeous! The reds were especially brilliant. I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see a change of season; it was well worth waiting for!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 46
16. Re: Virginia Fall Foliage Report

Absolutely gorgeous here! We went to CW this morning, and the colors are just amazing, and the weather is practically perfect for a fall day!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 44
17. Re: Virginia Fall Foliage Report

I've been to Smith Mountain Lake for the past 2 weekends and the color is magnificent (just a hop, skip, & jump from the Blue Ridge Parkway).

18. Re: Virginia Fall Foliage Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, November 13, 2012