We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castle Hill Spa Ludlow, Wedding Hair

Which Vermont hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Castle Hill Spa Ludlow, Wedding Hair

Hi,

I am travelling from the UK and I am getting married in Chester in October and my Innkeeper has booked me in to The Castle Hill Spa for my make-up and hair doing on the day of my wedding, Has anyone ever used the salon and what was your experience ?

I posted a while ago about my trip and InVic very kindly suggested Better Hair Days, Chester but I had already been booked into the spa by this time. What I am really asking I suppose is is the Spa a good place to go or would I get an equally good service at a local salon.

Thanks

Alison

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
reviews: 40
1. Re: Castle Hill Spa Ludlow, Wedding Hair

Hi its me..

The Castle Resort is in Ludlow - its a 10-15 min drive from Chester. It is also expensive (for local service though probably cheaper than the UK) What were you wanting done? If its a complicated style/color then perhaps it can be justified. Locally Christie charges me $19 for a cut and blow dry - I used to go to Toni and Guy in Cambridge UK and I think she does a comparable job for a LOT less! The other thing is that Vermont is very informal...and elaborate hair do and make up may be overkill for a bed and breakfast wedding.

Yorkshire
2. Re: Castle Hill Spa Ludlow, Wedding Hair

hi Innvic,

All I was wanting doing with my hair was it styling, I am wearing my hair down and wanted a slight wave in my hair as it naturally straight , as to make-up maybe a night time look , as we are getting married around five and we are having dinner in the evening and I was wanting to have my nails done , as I never have chance at home to do this!

Thanks

Alison

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
reviews: 40
3. Re: Castle Hill Spa Ludlow, Wedding Hair

In that case the Spa will give you a real "pampering" and I suppose as its a special occasion that its important to push the boat out a little.

Where are you having dinner?

4. Re: Castle Hill Spa Ludlow, Wedding Hair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 13, 2009