We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gold panning in utah

Which Utah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
slc
gold panning in utah

i would like to be able to post on this forum but seem to be missing the start a topic/ any help

9 replies to this topic
slc
1. Re: gold panning in utah

hey i did it ok i love panning in utah i have gold claims out west..... just wanted to see if anyone has the gold fever in this state besides me/ ? I would love to find people that really want to have some fun exploring for placer places and have talk to about places they know and share what i know ...

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
reviews: 59
2. Re: gold panning in utah

Panned for gold elsewhere; Kalgoorlie, Coolgardie, Bendigo, Nullagine but not Utah. Can you pan Uranium?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 117
3. Re: gold panning in utah

Congratulations for figuring out how to start a new topic. And welcome to the TA forums.

I have a nephew who lives in Idaho who mines gold in Nevada. I don't know if he pans, or digs or what. Another BIL may look for gold, among the geodes, fossils etc when he heads out to the west desert.

Edited: 12:13 am, March 14, 2013
Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
reviews: 81
4. Re: gold panning in utah

Well we all like exploring... Utah that is, and all the other great states in this area of North America. Haven't found any gold myself tho... 'cause last time I looked I'm still workin' !

slc
5. Re: gold panning in utah

well now is the time to go west if you do want to look for gold the is moving durring the west run off if your new try amasa valley in utah north canyon american fork up marry elans gulch im sure i spelled that wrong,,,, oops if you go out by the pony express trail go early for the water out there goes quick ,,,,,, thanks for making me feel welcome i just finnished building a 4 ft wide 72 inch long highbanker with a 6 hp water pump 3 to 4 people can shovel in to it should be a fun time o also try cresant creek by delta good luck utah gold fever starts now

slc
6. Re: gold panning in utah

ya thr geos are fun to find out there also before the turn off to the geo beds look on the left side of the road there is a topaz and byxbite face most of the topaz is pinkish and the black squared byxbite both are in the rinolite and its not well known about a half mile before the geo turn off just keep nan eye left as you come up the dugway looks like a wht cliff ,,,also if you like fossiles try the trolibite beds 11 miles west of delta,,, utah rock we have it all

Carstairs, Canada
reviews: 3
7. Re: gold panning in utah

Hey Ken - have you been out panning much - we are from Alberta Canada and are looking at coming to Utah in February/March for a week or so - would you be interested in joining us and showing us around, We have a few claims in BC, my husband is right into geods, crystals, opals, etc but best of all is his gold panning - we have never been down to your neck of the woods and would love to give it try but would like some local help - please let me know if you are available - thanks

Orem, Utah
8. Re: gold panning in utah

Does anyone know the rules on panning for gold on land that has been claimed? I heard that you can't claim water, such as rivers and stream. I want to go panning in an area here in Utah but the area is claimed as a lode claim. Does anyone know if I can still go onto that claim and pan in the river for placer gold? Thanks!

9. Re: gold panning in utah

Yes, I go out all the time names Cliff, I have a whites GMT metal detecter, couple of sluices, and a desert fox fine gold recovery, couple pans as well. I live American Fork/highland area. And I have 4x4 truck. I would love to go with someone. 8013768656 call me. C if we can set somthing up.

Reply to: gold panning in utah
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted