We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
reviews: 318
Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

The link below is to a Travel Article that was drafted to provide a primer for planning a trip through southern Utah and the Grand Circle:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28965-c177493/Utah:U…

The article addresses a number of key points that must be considered when planning a trip, including brief descriptions of the natural wonders in the area, travel considerations and references, and ideas for things to see and do. The article was drafted based on questions that are often asked on this forum and is meant to provide a convenient starting point for planning a trip to the southern Utah parks and other points within the Grand Circle.

35 replies to this topic
21. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, May 25, 2013

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 69
22. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

thanks so much!

Decatur, Illinois
reviews: 12
23. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Might mention the book Scenic Driving Utah, by Joe Bensen (now in 3rd edition) that describes many of these drives and roadside attractions.

Potomac Falls...
reviews: 16
24. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Thumbs up. We did trip to Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches, CanyonLands and GC and this article was invaluable in planning a trip. A suggestion would be to recommend doing the trip in reverse direction, as most guides on the Web end in GC. It would be better to start at GC and end in Zion, as most would appreciate Zion canyons more, so to leave the best for last.

reviews: 62
25. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Vadim,

I am glad to hear you suggest the reverse order. I am planning our trip for next summer and we are going to start in GC, Lake Powell, Mesa Verde, Arches etc... finishing up in Zion.

ireland
reviews: 28
26. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Yes very good article and help in plannng my trip. I am going in 27 oct and hoping to visit yellowstone,arches,mersa verde,monument valley,escalanta,four corners in 16 days. Looking forwArd to it and hope weather is notgoing to hamper my trip.

Yah

Berkeley, California
reviews: 8
27. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Big thanks to OhioHick for drafting this great article. It is well written and truly useful.

We are planning a 3-week counterclockwise Grand Circle this coming June, starting in the NE corner.

Anchorage, Alaska
28. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

November, 2013, I signed on to Tauck’s May, 2014, Spirt of the Desert Tour, small group of twenty-five people … I needed the small group because of poor hearing and discussed this with the Tauck reservation person. My first morning at start of the tour I learn I am on a tour with 45 people on a large noisy bus. Immediately I contact Tauck. They kept saying there was no such tour and I was wrong… I did find a ride out of the mountains of Moab, UT to Salt Lake City and came home. Tauck eventually refunded about 80% of my tour and refunded no airfare. BE CAREFUL WHEN YOUR RESERVATION IS PLACED. I more than double checked on my reservations. The reservations clerk accidentally clicked on the wrong box is all I can figure out. I lost thousands of dollars and in the seventy hours I was gone from home traveled almost 6700 miles.

Calgary
reviews: 4
29. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

We are going to spend about a week in Utah. We are coming from the NE side of the Grand Canyon and need to head back to Denver, CO. We are mostly interested in scenic views that can be seen by car or short walk, as my partner has mobility issues. We are interested in Zion, Bryce, Grand Staircase, Canyonlands, Arches, Moab. We would love suggestions on the best route to take to cover these, and accommodations along the way. Also, if any of these are NOT recommend for someone with mobility challenges, and/or if there is anything else we MUST see! Would appreciate any direction you can provide!

30. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:57 am, August 05, 2014

Reply to: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted