We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Which Utah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,415 posts
395 reviews
Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

The link below is to a Travel Article that was drafted to provide a primer for planning a trip through southern Utah and the Grand Circle:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28965-c177493/Utah:U…

The article addresses a number of key points that must be considered when planning a trip, including brief descriptions of the natural wonders in the area, travel considerations and references, and ideas for things to see and do. The article was drafted based on questions that are often asked on this forum and is meant to provide a convenient starting point for planning a trip to the southern Utah parks and other points within the Grand Circle.

51 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
140 reviews
1. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Great article--it makes me want to plan 3-4 road trips!

Under "Safety" for hiking tips, should "list" be "let"?

Thanks for doing so much work putting all this information together.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,035 posts
133 reviews
2. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Ohio, that is a very well done article. Thanks for your time and knowledge to put it together.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
15,023 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

You should write for Moon or Lonely Planet. Good job!

4. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:13 am, October 08, 2012

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,415 posts
395 reviews
5. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Keep the ideas coming. The article will never be "done" I don't think, as there is always a new idea to add. I have requested this thread be made a sticky in the UT forum, so that the article is easy to find and reference.

Heflin AL
Level Contributor
20 posts
193 reviews
6. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Well done! We have been to this area several times and the best advice to anyone is concentrate on a couple of areas depending on the length of your trip. We are going again in August and I am taking this article with us! Thanks!

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
7. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

wow thats a nice and very helpful article.. i am also trying to plan a trip from vegas -

tripadvisor.com.my/ShowTopic-g28965-i411-k55…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

Hello! Excellent round up of information about the region. There are a few tips there that I wish I had stumbled upon before we visited last year :-) All the more reason to head back one day.

When I visited the region, I also did a lot of filming. I have just (14 months later) completed an 8 part web TV series covering my journey around the Grand Circle taking in The Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Moab,. Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon and Zion National park, starting and finishing from Las Vegas. Please head over to Vimeo and check out my "Grand Circle USA" channel for more: https://vimeo.com/channels/grandcircleusa

The last film just added is Zion National Park.

My whole trip lasted only 2 weeks. Conclusion: this is definitely not a trip to only allocate 2 weeks to. We only scratched the surface of many of the places we visited. Still, it gave us a great taste so we know where to head back to next time we are in the United States!

Regards,

Grant

Meredith, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
9. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

What will the day and evening temperatures be like during the first 1/2 of September on the Grand Circle. Trying to decide whether to pack more jeans or more shorts.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,415 posts
395 reviews
10. Re: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle

lizzylizard - you will probably get more responses if you start a new thread in the UT forum with your question.

That said, the Grand Circle is a large area, so the weather will vary by location and the elevation will also play a big part in the temperatures. Places like Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon are 8000 feet above sea level, so they will be cooler, particularly in the morning and evening. Layers are the best way to go so that you can adjust as the day progresses. No way to predict the weather, but early Sept is generally still fairly warm in throughout the Grand Circle.

Reply to: Touring Southern Utah and the Grand Circle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted