We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas

Which Texas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas

I went to Oktoberfest here in Fredericksburg, Texas and was highly disappointed at their exorbitant prices of everything.

We spent so much money and only got 2 hot dogs, 2 rides, and basically a ride to see more people peddling their stuff.

We did enjoy some of the people dressed with their German attire and seeing German items which we were really a few. Fredericksburg was also a nice little town.

But the Oktoberfest website was very misleading in omitting that the rest of of the kids' rides were very expensive along with the food.

A hot dog was $4.00. One hot dog.

For kids to play in the moonwalk you payed $3.00 for only 3 minutes/

$7.00 for rock climbing

The jumping game, which had a harness to hold your kid up, was $9.00! What if you had more than one kid?

What if that one kid wanted to get on more rides.

I was pretty disgusted, and I would be very embarrassed to bring any of my German friends to this fest.

Can you anybody suggest a real nice, affordable Oktoberfest in Texas??

Texas
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas

Welcome to the TA forums chatoburida. Sorry to hear about your experience at Oktoberfest. I can't answer your question myself, and you won't likely get any responses here on the Outdoors & Adventure Travel forum. I recommend posting your question on the Texas travel forum for the best chance at receiving helpful replies. Good luck!

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28964-i75-Texas.h…

Perhaps TA will move it for you.

Edited: 1:40 pm, October 09, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas

The prices seem about average for that type of event. I was in Shreveport, LA this past weekend, at their Red River Revel and paid $4 for a small meat pie and 20 oz sodas were $3.

I don't know of any "Oktoberfest" in Texas that would compare to a German one. Wurstfest in New Braunfels would be the best one that I know of in TX. http://wurstfest.com/ I think prices will be comparable to your previous experience.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas

I didn't see any value of paying almost $30 for admission and then to have to pay again for every single thing in that event. Of course, I didn't expect food and merchandise to be free but I thought that you were paying admission to enjoy the kids rides.

If the website would been upfront about this, I would had not even gone to this Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg.

But thanks for the info Octoboy. I might check out New Braunfels' Oktoberfest.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas

Wurstfest is the largest Oktoberfest celebration in Texas. It is quite expensive. They do have a carnival for the kids and you can buy an unlimited ride bracelet I do believe. It is great fun but the daylight hours are best for the children as things get crowded after dark and can get a bit loud thanks to all the bier consumption. Prosit!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas

I was looking for an unlimited bracelet for the kids but didn't see any. I'll look into Wursfest in New Braunfels to see if they have one. Thanks Gehrig!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas

Glad your were able to get an answer.

And a thank you to TripAdvisor staff member Beth for moving your topic to the Texas forum!

7. Re: Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 12, 2014