We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourists arriving this Fri and Sat- Heads up!

Which South Dakota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 129
Tourists arriving this Fri and Sat- Heads up!

I'm posting this because several people on here have mentioned traveling to the Black Hills this month. As we've said, October and May are very iffy with weather.

*This Friday: 33 degrees. 55 mph winds. 4-8 inches of snow. 100 percent chance of precip. This could be a combination for a blizzard. Be careful.

*Saturday-20 percent chance continued snow, high 41 degrees.

*Sunday-57 degrees

*Monday- 60 degrees.

This is a perfect example of the unpredictability of October weather in this area. Friday looks nasty, Monday looks really nice. If you choose to come at this time of year, be prepared for anything and be safe.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
reviews: 35
1. Re: Tourists arriving this Fri and Sat- Heads up!

Thanks for posting. Sounds like a roller coaster of a time! I hope everyone planning trips in the next few days can make the best of things.

Gilbert, Arizona
reviews: 1
2. Re: Tourists arriving this Fri and Sat- Heads up!

Thank you! We arrive on Monday! My husband & I originally grew up in IN/OH, but it's been about 13 years! Our AZ born 5 year old daughter is beyond excited for the possibility of seeing snow for the first time! I went out today to buy the warmest clothes I could find! lol Thank you for the weather updates...I appreciate it!! :)

Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 129
3. Re: Tourists arriving this Fri and Sat- Heads up!

The snow has started. Interstate 90 is closed from Sturgis to the Wyoming border. 12-24 inches of snow (this is not a typo) are forecasted for portions of the Black Hills. Nothing except rain forecasted for anyone traveling in far eastern SD.

4. Re: Tourists arriving this Fri and Sat- Heads up!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 06, 2014