We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod in a day from Newport

Which Rhode Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Cape Cod in a day from Newport

HI, we have 3 nights at Newport/Cape Cod area and would like some advice as to whether it is possible to 'do' Cape Cod in a day whilst staying in Newport i.e have 3 nights in Newport and visit Cape Cod rather than 2 in Newport and 1 in Cape Cod. If a day trip is possible, what are the best places to visit a day, I realise that getting as far as Provincetown is unlikely.

Any help appreciated

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 71
11. Re: Cape Cod in a day from Newport

Oh, that's good news and bad news. The good news is that you're going after Labor Day, Sept 2, the traditional end of summer in New England, so it won't be peak season. Traffic will still be bad, just not at it's worst. The bad news is you're going to miss Waterfire on Sept 7!

I'm glad if I was able to help and hope you have a great trip. And I hope our fickle New England weather cooperates.

12. Re: Cape Cod in a day from Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014