We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly things to do in Johnston

Which Rhode Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 14
Family friendly things to do in Johnston

My husband has to attend a conference for a week in Johnston in May. He asked if I wanted to come too and make a holiday of it. We would probably go to Boston and New York after Johnston. However, we have 2 children, 5 and 1 year old. I am trying to find information about Johnston and what there is to see and do there, in particular how would I occupy 2 young children for the 5 days my husband is working? I haven't found anything in my google searches and was hoping to get some tips from locals. Thanks!

Melbourne
1. Re: Family friendly things to do in Johnston

I think I may have solved my own problem. My husband's work is in Johnston but he will stay in a hotel in Providence, so that will make the sightseeing options a lot easier!

Boston...
reviews: 72
2. Re: Family friendly things to do in Johnston

Rhode Island is so small that as long as you have a car you can easily tour the whole state.. Johnston is about 10-15 minutes from Providence.

RI
reviews: 16
3. Re: Family friendly things to do in Johnston

The Providence Children's Museum is always a hit with the kids'

Jamestown, Rhode...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Family friendly things to do in Johnston

Johnston isn't a place for visitors, at all. Check out Providence or drive down to Newport to see the best of RI.

Providence, Rhode...
5. Re: Family friendly things to do in Johnston

Hello from the Visitors Bureau! Two great resources for things to do with kids are the website www,kidoinfo.com and our website www.GoProvidence.com. Both have calendar listings and info on local attractions. Have fun!

Providence, Rhode...
6. Re: Family friendly things to do in Johnston

Sorry, typo there. It's www.kidoinfo.com .

Melbourne
7. Re: Family friendly things to do in Johnston

That's great, thanks for the links!

Michigan
reviews: 2
8. Re: Family friendly things to do in Johnston

Ahh, my hometown. There is nothing to do in Johnston, it's not a tourist type place. You can get pulled over in the speed trap on Route 6 under I-295 :)

If you are stuck in Johnston and can't get out for that day, consider Luigi's Restaurant for lunch or dinner.

9. Re: Family friendly things to do in Johnston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 10, 2014