We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week tour of East coast

Windsor, England
reviews: 84
2 week tour of East coast

Can anyone advise a good, interesting itinerary for 2 adults and 2 twenty somethings Sept/Oct. We would like to visit Rhode Island,, Boston, Ithaca, New York and possibly Niagra Falls but also build in some rest days where we're not travelling. Happy to mix taking the train with hiring a car. We have been to NY before but none of the other places. Is it worth visiting The Hamptons?

Jamestown, Rhode...
reviews: 4
1. Re: 2 week tour of East coast

Ok, hypothetically 3 days Boston, 4 days Rhode Island give or take - a day to drive to Ithaca, and presumably back, gives you 5 days to do Ithaca, and Niagara Falls. OK, doable, but unless you did go to Niagara, driving 7 hours out to Ithaca is not really worth it. But I beleive it's another 3 or 4 from Ithaca, to NF. Not really a typical itinerary; checking out the White Mountains in NH, or VT might be a little easier. After Newport and other places in RI, Block Island for example, or Providence, the Hamptons would not be worth it, given the difficult trip out there.

Edited: 5:24 pm, July 19, 2012
Windsor, England
reviews: 84
2. Re: 2 week tour of East coast

We are now back from our fantastic trip to the USA. We had a wonderful time and were very pleased with the itinerary we chose:

Boston, NYC, Ithaca, Niagara, Rockport MA, Cape Cod, Rhode Island.

We hired a car to leave Boston and for the rest of the tri[p. We drove into NYC via Queens. The drive was straightforward and parking was easy as there were several car parks near the hotel which were not too expensive. The strict on-street parking rules introduced for the UN Convention meant that we could not park on the road.

We really enjoyed all our locations for their different merits. Thank you all so much for your advice which helped enormously with our very successful holiday.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 64
3. Re: 2 week tour of East coast

I'm so glad to hear your trip was a success! I always use TA to plan my trip and haven't been disappointed yet.

4. Re: 2 week tour of East coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 18, 2013