We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oregon Marionberries

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
Oregon Marionberries

OMG! Your secret is out. I ate these wonderful berries in any form I could find them, all weekend. They are so delicious. We tried a Marionberry Tart with whipped cream for dessert, Jam with our toast in the mornings, and the best ice cream I every had, Tillamook Marionberry Pie. In fact, it was raining on Sunday, and we went back to the ice cream store to have another dish.

I did a online search of their products and found they are located in our Bristol Farms Gourmet Grocery, just a mile from my home in CA. I'm headed over there today, keeping my fingers crossed.

Portland, OR
reviews: 44
1. Re: Oregon Marionberries

IMHO, they are the best berries on the planet and I love to eat them when they are in season! Sigh... too bad the season is short! I have a friend in Silverton, OR that grows them on his farm. Yummy!

Oregon
reviews: 16
2. Re: Oregon Marionberries

Yum, they are indeed the best berries. We are indeed blessed to be able to pick up the Tillamook variety of ice cream for this treat.

Portland, Oregon
3. Re: Oregon Marionberries

Well next time, CAnative, you'll have to stop by Otis Cafe and pick up a marionberry pie. THE best!! Isn't it great when one the most memorable parts of a trip is some completely unexpected small pleasure? Like walking into a Paris fromagerie.......

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 795
4. Re: Oregon Marionberries

Lol! CAnative, when we went to Britain last year, we took jars of marionberry jam as gifts -- everybody loved them! How nice that you can find them in LA.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
5. Re: Oregon Marionberries

Wait til you taste the farm stand marionberry pies ! Mtngrl gave me one as a gift, it would feed a family of 10 lol

They also sell them in Whole Foods but I like the idea of a pie from the farm more.

The jam is delicious, isn't it :)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
6. Re: Oregon Marionberries

I had no luck in the local store that was supposed to carry products from Tillamook. All they had was cheese, and I've been buying that for years anyway. I was hoping for any flavor ice cream. No Marionberry Jam either, so looks like the hunt continues. We also have a Whole Foods here, so I'll check there next. Don't know if I can wait until the next time we visit MIL.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
7. Re: Oregon Marionberries

The Big Whole Foods in Portland ( the Pearl) had them in a small frozen food case..berry and apple and some other fruit..all equally wonderful..good luck!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 4
8. Re: Oregon Marionberries

What and where is the Otis Cafe. I love pie....

hey Mistletoe, been hanging with your dd on Monday nights again, she's a sweetie! You should show your face sometime.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 795
9. Re: Oregon Marionberries

This won't help with ice cream (!), but have you tried the Made In Oregon web site for other marionberry products? Just enter marionberry in the search box and you will find over 50 products....

www.madeinoregon.com

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
reviews: 98
10. Re: Oregon Marionberries

Chicogirl, you have not been to the Otis Cafe? Check your maps, just east of Lincoln City on Hwy 18.