I came back from trip and realized I should give reviews about Oklahoma weekend trip. We stopped at following places going from Dallas.
1. Turner Falls: Good to see the place, would be better to go in summer.
2. Chicksaw Cultural Center: Very informative and glad we took the detour to see that.
3. Bricktown: Really liked it. Spent the whole evening/night there. Must see.
4. OKC Memorial: Very touching experience. Downtown is not that interesting, but memorial was worth spending sitting in silence and thinking about your past. We saw the documentary on youtube the night before, so it was intriguing.
5. Route 66: Drove to Tulsa via Route 66. Not interesting at all. We were so bored that we took turnpike halfway towards Tulsa. I am big Route 66 fan, and loved Arizona part, but OK part can be totally skipped.
6. Tulsa Downtown. Big No No. No point of attraction.
7. Philbrook Museum: One time watch, not that interesting.
8. Oral Roberts University: Prayer Gardens was nice with praying hand sculpture, and the river walk was okay too.
We came back same night, didnt see any point to spend that night there. Overall, Tulsa was disappointment and Bricktown was way beyond expectation. Had fun, will go again with little more planning. I have ordered the brochures free of cost from OK Tourism, hope to find something more interesting.
Edited: 10:39 am, January 09, 2013