We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from EWR to Point Pleasant

reviews: 5
Getting from EWR to Point Pleasant

I need to know if there is a train that goes from Newark airport to Point Pleasant NJ.

I really can fly into any of the area airports, but I think EWR would be the easiest.

I looked at the schedules for trains, but could not make heads or tails out of them since I am not familiar with the area.

Any Advice or help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Work, Beach or...
1. Re: Getting from EWR to Point Pleasant

Easy, take the North Jersey Coast Line. You will need a 'local' train that stops at the Newark Airport station. Depending on where you want to end up, there are two stops that will serve you, one in Pt Pleasant Beach and then Bay Head, which is the end of the line. You can see the route map here: njtransit.com/pdf/rail/Rail_System_Map.pdf

You can figure out the schedule by entering your starting and destination points. The trains are usually pretty punctual, and you will need to allow at least 30 mins, probably more, to get from the plane to the train station. There may also be a train-change required in Long Branch, but it will be very easy. You can bring your luggage onto the train with no issues.

2. Re: Getting from EWR to Point Pleasant

Thanks so much for the info, but I am still confused. Is there a shuttle or something that I take from the airport to get to the train? The link you sent did not have a destination point. I am trying to coordinate plane and train.

Lastly is it safe for a woman traveling alone.

Much appreciated your answer.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 77
3. Re: Getting from EWR to Point Pleasant

You get the AirTrain at the airport to New Jersey Transit's Newark Airport Station. There you get the North Jersey Coast LIne again on New Jersey Transit. When you look at the NJTransit.com click on Train Schedule. Click on Newark Airport for Origin and Pt. Pleasant for destination.

It is perfectly safe.

4. Re: Getting from EWR to Point Pleasant

Thanks for the info.

I hope I do not get lost, now just need to coordinate the air schedule with the train schedule.

5. Re: Getting from EWR to Point Pleasant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 14, 2014