We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time snow March last week

Which New Hampshire hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
First time snow March last week

We'll be travelling to New Hampshire the last week of March from the Virgin Islands. My 11 & 13 yr old sons have never seen snow & are eager to snowboard, go tubing...how far North should we plan on going at this time? Suggestions for resorts? NH, VT, or ME are all options...flying into Boston.

Thanks!

Lincoln, NH
reviews: 7
1. Re: First time snow March last week

Most ski areas will still have snow -- even if there is none on the ground. I can just about guarantee that Loon (two hours north of Boston) will have plenty of snow. Most major resorts will also have snow. A quick note of advice -- skiing might be easier for first-timer than boarding... although I do appreciate that teenage boys may simple need to get their Shaun White on and ride the board.

In Maine, you could also consider Sunday River, it's a very nice resort too -- it will take 3 hours from Boston. Vermont skiing is great -- but you may not need to go that far.

LMM

Oh, and let me know if you want to swap houses. It's 1 degree above zero today and the Virgin Islands sound pretty darned good!!! :)

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
2. Re: First time snow March last week

Definitely stick to the northern areas like loon , attitash, Cranmore or Bretton wood on NH or Stowe in vt. Last week in March cab be great or slushy depending on weather.

Jackson, New...
reviews: 98
3. Re: First time snow March last week

I live in Jackson NH within 20 minutes of 5 Ski resorts all of them will be up and running in March. Where do you live in VI?

reviews: 1
4. Re: First time snow March last week

We live on St. John. I agree skiing will be easier for the boys, but they are convinced snowboarding is cooler....I suspect tubing is where they will spend the most time...I also suspect the lodge is where I will spend the most time as after 16 yrs in the Caribbean my blood is very thin!

Jackson, New...
reviews: 98
5. Re: First time snow March last week

We spent a great week on St. John a couple years back at Maho before it closed. Cranmore Ski Resort has a good tubing park and North Conway has tons to do. You might consider the Red Jacket Hotel, it has an Indoor Water Park for the kids.

While most kids start on skis, lots of kids are now starting on Boards and never looking back. At 11 & 13 they should be OK. But make them take a lesson! Younger than 7 or 8 and I would definitely only recommend skis.

6. Re: First time snow March last week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 28, 2015